Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

For me, the Beastie car tune of choice is Sabotage. 

Also for the car soundtrack:

The Touch by Stan Bush

Jupiter by Earth, Wind & Fire

Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan

Here Comes The Hotstepper by Ini Kamoze

Reet Petite by Jackie Wilson

Choices by George Jones

Lonely Boy by The Black Keys

Twistin' The Night Away by Sam Cooke

Runnin' Down A Dream by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Hard To Handle by The Black Crowes

Itchycoo Park by The Small Faces

Sunshine Of Your Love by Cream

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm guessing it's the Tom Petty choice that got my post down-voted.

EDIT: Now I think about it, I remember neil hates Hard To Handle. That's probably one of them.

23 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Take it to that place down the precinct that unlocks iphones — they'll put a new screen on for you.

Do they have to keep it? There's one on the high street but it's a weird shop full of weird shit and I can't lose my phone for a week or so.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I love Itchycoo Park, but that has to be one of the worst choices of song on the planet to blast out of your car.

Additionally, anyone blasting out Here Comes The Hotstepper is just asking to lose their wing mirror.

16 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

I got a replacement within an hour at a weird place operating out of a broom cupboard on the 12th floor of a skyscraper — I'm sure the turnaround won't be bad.

😂 Cheers. Will see what they're saying tomorrow. Probably pick up some loom bands, plastic football, a fan, hobby horse, some WD40 and whatever random shit they're selling at the same time. 

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Additionally, anyone blasting out Here Comes The Hotstepper is just asking to lose their wing mirror.

Ah, wait a sec. I thought we were just talking about car soundtracks. I don't tend to blast music that loud.

I guess if I did, it might be No Diggity.

Laptop help time!

My girlfriend needs a laptop and her tech ability is on a par with mine.  Can anyone point me in the direction of something that has between 8 and 16 GB RAM and 1TB HDD?  She is after something quick and good at multi tasking, so the opposite of me essentially.  Something pretty low budget, no macs, no dogs, no irish.

Archived