Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Need some advice. Got a TV from Richer Sounds about 2 years ago now, and today it has tipped off something while moving it and broke the screen. I'm covered by their 6 year guarantee but having just read it to see how to claim on it, it's not covered by accidental damage, or basically anything. Anyone with any experience know what I can say broke my TV and get me a fix/replacement?

• Paid Members

Does anybody here use NOW TV? Is it a decent alternative to Sky? By that I mean, does everything work well and can you get a decent continued service by continually using special offers?

I'm just fed up with being ripped off by Sky and I'm considering whatever other options are out there.

• Paid Members

Now TV is great, I'll keep it forever. I pay £18 per month and get all the movies (around 1,300 on demand I think) and entertainment channels / box sets. As long as your internet is ok you will be fine. Plus there is no contract so cancel whenever with just a months notice. 

• Awards Moderator

With Now TV, almost always when you get to the cancel screen (online) you will get offered a discount to stay if you list your reason as "I didn't have time to watch everything."

I've found an old DVD that I thought had been lost 10 years ago. I used it like I would a memory stick now, so it has loads of videos, pictures and Word documents on there. The issue is it reads extremely slowly so I can't view videos. To my eyes, it has some minor scratches but nothing too severe.

I've tried cleaning it and using CD Recovery Toolbox, but it's still extremely slow. I started the recovery around 10pm last night and it's at 6.29MB of the first file - at this rate it'd literally take about a year.

Is there anything else I can try?

Archived