Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a TV that was given to me. No idea how old but it's about 42 inches, HD ready, Samsung.

i watch most things through a Roku, and whilst Netflix, iplayer, WWE are pretty clear, not crystal but good enough, but watching sports and movies through Now TV is awful. 

Watching the Barcelona game, it looks like a terrible stream it's so pixelated. Films are the same. 

I checked the scart connection and the connector is pretty worn and has about 6 teeth (is that right?)

Coukd this be rectified by getting a better scart connection? It's really terrible sometimes and I rely on it for entertainment so any help is appreciated 

• Awards Moderator

Yeah SCART is positively prehistoric. Devices scale down if they're on a shitty connector. 

A Roku has an HDMI connector surely? They look like this on the TV and the Roku:

2-hdmi-port-on-tv.jpg

13 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

You have a Roku stick? I thought the Roku stick has a HDMI connector as standard. 

But thinking about it, Roku is for streaming right? So, isn't more likely to be an issue with your internet connection?

No I don't have a stick, it's a little square thing with three leads out the back. Broadband is usually pretty good and like I say, it's only on the NOW TV channels. Dunno, maybe it is a streaming issue. Never mind 

edit: ignore me. I've just checked there is a HDMI port. Fuck sake. What a dick.

how much are these things then?

• Paid Members

A friend of mine found out that his name has been listed on some right wing website in a list of members of an "alt-left" protest group. Is there any legal recourse for this kind of thing? I'm thinking no, but just thought it worth asking.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

A friend of mine found out that his name has been listed on some right wing website in a list of members of an "alt-left" protest group. Is there any legal recourse for this kind of thing? I'm thinking no, but just thought it worth asking.

It's libel and deformation, which are grounds for a civil case, if the claim can be shown to be both false and detrimental to the thier life, business or character. 

That's as I understand it. I doubt there is any criminal legal recourse unless it can be also said to incite violence or abuse against those listed. 

I may be wrong about all of that though, so probably best to ignore me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Having an issue with my desktop PC. Out of the blue, on start up my USB mouse will work fine and then suddenly stop working and I get a popup notification that the device isn't recognised. It's listed as an Unknown Device in my device manager. If i switch out the mouse and plug in another one, it works momentarily and then the same thing happens. It also suddenly doesn't recognise the printer. Strangely, it is fine with the USB keyboard!

A restart fixes it but only temporarily. Anyone have any suggestions I could try? thanks. 

Archived