Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Have I got a postman that's at it?

We used to have a lovely one until a few weeks ago. We have got a dodgy looking one now. I keep on buying cheap DVDs from Amazon, so I'm always getting parcels delivered. Opened the door yesterday and this bam said that because they were constantly delivering packages to my address, that they'd be wanting a five pound delivery charge per week. If I stopped getting parcels, there would be no charge. Surely that's not right?

It sounds like he just doesn't want to deliver the parcels. They've got a set time put aside for waiting at doors, etc, which really isn't enough. He's probably been getting shafted for being late back from his round. Either that or he just doesn't want to carry them all.

I'd phone the delivery office and tell them about it. It's not your fault that he can't do his job properly.

Are there any watch (wrist timepieces) fans on here? I've always wanted to treat myself to a nice one and don't really know where to start. I've had a shit few years personally and things look to be picking up so it's something I've made a goal for myself to get. I really like Rolexes but the one Rolex I like (Yachmaster) is well out of my price range so I don't think I'd feel comfortable wearing a different model. I don't spend money on gaming, I hardly go out, or on cars or holidays etc etc so I can justify spending around £5,000 on one. I know people will say that £5,000 would be better spent travelling but I just don't have time with work. Where's the best place to look? Online or on the high street?

• Moderators

If you have a look on http://www.chrono24.com/ and keep it on the US site you can get some really good deals on secondhand classic watches, the kind that really retain their value (and indeed increase in value).

Many will be out of your price range though. Tbh I'm not sure where the best place to look for that kind of price range is.. I would suggest that doing some research online is never a bad idea though!

I find Rolexes hella ugly but if you like that style you can probably get a nice TAG for your budget.

• Paid Members

so, i have a date on saturday, and another sunday not had one in a while, now i have a beard, women actually want to know me :O

so yea, um, advice please?

(dont worry, after the last one, i learned that getting ones willy out and waving it around is a bad idea, so dont worry about that!)

:p

Advice?...just be yourself. Let her get to see the real you, go somewhere where you can have a chat and get to know each other a bit more! Just try not to overthink things or force anything, just let the conversation flow naturally!

If that fails, just start waving your willy about again...you never know, she might like that sort of thing  :cool:

• Paid Members

Thanks, i shall try! Who would thought now i have a razor shaved head. a beard therefore having an upside down head, women would like me?!

You'd be surprised by how many girls love a bloke with a beard! Hope it all goes well mate but more importantly, enjoy yourself! Let us know how you get on!

Without sounding like a right dick, am I the only person starting to get a bit fed up of all ALS ice bucket challenges?

I don't think you sound like a dick but if the net result of all this is an understanding of certain charitable causes never mind financial donations to them then isn't it worth any annoyance?  I may be doing one on Friday where I hope to benefit two charities.  For all I will undoubtedly look like an arsehole at least it has a positive aspect to it.

• Paid Members

Without sounding like a right dick, am I the only person starting to get a bit fed up of all ALS ice bucket challenges?

I don't think you sound like a dick but if the net result of all this is an understanding of certain charitable causes never mind financial donations to them then isn't it worth any annoyance?  I may be doing one on Friday where I hope to benefit two charities.  For all I will undoubtedly look like an arsehole at least it has a positive aspect to it.

Oh don't get me wrong, the amount of money raised and increased awareness is simply incredible...it's just the fact that people are simply doing it now because it's cool and the current trend with the real meaning behind the whole thing being forgotten! 

Archived