Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Every designer i've ever seen or worked alongside seems to use them, hence me thinking there must be something about them which makes them especially suited to that sort of work.  

I guess they were all dick waivers, unless someone can say something to the contrary?

Designers are dick wavers by nature though, aren't they?

"Look at what I've created!"

I'm thinking of getting some wrestling posters for what would be my new gaff. I like the idea of vintage posters, but don't want one that's irrelevant. Like, it's pointless me getting a British wrestling one when I know fuck all about it. Likewise, there's not much point in me getting a lucha one or one from the US in the 60s/70s. I do like the look of those posters, but they're meaningless to me. At the same time, I don't want some tacky one of John Cena giving his salute or whatever.

So I guess my question is what is a good place to find such posters?

• Paid Members

I'm thinking of getting some wrestling posters for what would be my new gaff. I like the idea of vintage posters, but don't want one that's irrelevant. Like, it's pointless me getting a British wrestling one when I know fuck all about it. Likewise, there's not much point in me getting a lucha one or one from the US in the 60s/70s. I do like the look of those posters, but they're meaningless to me. At the same time, I don't want some tacky one of John Cena giving his salute or whatever.

So I guess my question is what is a good place to find such posters?

I've been looking for something similar, and what's looking like the best option is getting something which looks sweet and is a good enough quality pic off the net, google for example, and getting it printed up as professional poster by a local small business.

I couldn't find much which looked much cop else where, but then I am a bit of a dick.

I've got a folder kicking about on my computer somewhere that's full of the sort of pictures I think you mean. I'll upload some when I find it. Stuff like Flair in his prime with the big gold belt, Sting in WCW, the Four Horsemen, nWo and some 90's WWF ones etc.

Edit - The WWE site is full of classic pictures of all that sort of stuff. You may be as well to do what Tommy! says and get them blown up onto canvas or glossy paper.

• Paid Members

Ideally would you be after something like the Hogan-Warrior one on this link: http://flyergoodness.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/amazing-movie-poster-remakes-and-flyers.html

Yes! I want this as a poster for when I get my new place but I contacted the guy and he isn't printing them and I can't find a high quality version of it :(

Yeah, that Hogan and Warrior one is a great one. That style is great.

A poster or canvas of Flair with the big gold belt is essential I think. I could try mucking about with Photoshop with some high quality pictures and see if I can create some myself maybe.

I'm thinking of using that Rock N Roll Express one in the Random Photos thread for the dining room.

Archived