Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Are Open University Degrees perceived as being legit?

More than legit, OU's got itself a pretty damn good reputation as an institution of further learning. Biggest and most extensive faculty in the country.

I've heard people say that in some lines of work employers think more of an open university degree, in that somebody has had the drive in them to complete the course whilst holding down a job and/or supporting a family instead of going straight to uni after sixth form because that's what everybody does. Good luck.

• Paid Members

You know when you move into a new flat, is it usually already set up with a specific electricity, gas and water supplier or is that something you need to sort out yourself? Most places will let you play quarterly, right?

• Paid Members

You have to sort that out yourself unless your contract is bills included. It's actually pretty easy to sort out, even I managed it. Then you bash out a payment plan with the supplier in question.

• Paid Members

Yeah, we're doing phone via whatever Broadband + TV deal we get. Will the council send us a bill or something when we move in and then we can just pay council tax online? Also, are the utilities something we have to sort out before we move in or we'll have no power?!

I've never rented legit before, this is all new to me.

• Paid Members

Yes, sort it out before your move, most companies will connect you immediately. They'll ask you for a meter reading and stuff like that, try and get access before you move, if possible.

In terms of council tax, you'll need to contact them or they'll use any excuse to hit you with a massive bill. It's pretty easy to do online. Make sure you use MoneySupermarket for all those utilities though.

Archived