Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

How does Disability Living Allowance work? You can't claim it and be employed, right?

You can claim DLA, being replaced gradually by PIP, even if you work. One of my staff team claims DLA and is in paid employment.

Yeah, the idea of DLA is that it's a payment to help with the fact that being disabled brings you more expenses. It's not meant to cover how being disabled can mean you earn less/nothing.

Cheers guys. I've been prescribed it purely as a muscle relaxant (I'm some form of spastic), and I've got a feeling the doctor hasn't a clue. I'm not entirely sure what benefit it's even supposed to do me. I'm supposed to take one a night, but I don't have trouble sleeping anyway. He might be secretly treating me for depression or insomnia, like, but he never mentioned that to me.

• Paid Members

Amitriptyline's been great for me. Fixed my sleeping issues that I'd had for years, and vastly improved my mood as well.

I've been on it 3/4 years now and the only negatives I've had have been the ocassional bout of extreme thirst and my lips going all tingly a couple of times, and that it took a good fortnight for it to start working in the first place.

My phone's 3G has been shocking for the last few weeks on EE if that's what you mean. I've just been putting it down to a shit Samsung Galaxy.

Yeah, the 3g on my dongle and phone has been dreadful as well. I've just looked on a website called down detector and seemingly loads of folk are having trouble with it!

Cheers guys. I've been prescribed it purely as a muscle relaxant (I'm some form of spastic), and I've got a feeling the doctor hasn't a clue. I'm not entirely sure what benefit it's even supposed to do me. I'm supposed to take one a night, but I don't have trouble sleeping anyway. He might be secretly treating me for depression or insomnia, like, but he never mentioned that to me.

My mum has restless leg syndrome and takes amitryptiline at night, she seems docile enough on it. On a side note I know a guy who took several of them thinking they were Valium, he passed out for about 24 hours and pissed his sisters bed, so maybe avoid doing that.

Add me to  the Amatryptaline is bad set, started with low doses, did the grand total of nowt to fuck all, then was on some insanely high stuff about 50mg-75mg I forget. Basically I slept got up, took tabs and slept again.

I passed on being a zombie. Rather had the pain at the time

My mum has restless leg syndrome and takes amitryptiline at night, she seems docile enough on it. On a side note I know a guy who took several of them thinking they were Valium, he passed out for about 24 hours and pissed his sisters bed, so maybe avoid doing that.

Haha! Cheers. If they're being prescribed for stuff like restless leg, it sounds like at least there was some logic behind the doctor giving me them. I might give one a go tonight.

• Paid Members

Have I got a postman that's at it?

We used to have a lovely one until a few weeks ago. We have got a dodgy looking one now. I keep on buying cheap DVDs from Amazon, so I'm always getting parcels delivered. Opened the door yesterday and this bam said that because they were constantly delivering packages to my address, that they'd be wanting a five pound delivery charge per week. If I stopped getting parcels, there would be no charge. Surely that's not right?

ADDED: Amazon Prime Next Day Delivery is definatetly worth it, BTW!

Archived