Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Hi guys. My mum wants a tablet. She's after one with a large screen and around the £200 mark. Obviously the faster and more user friendly the better. Any recommendations?

You tried an older model or pre-owned iPad, mate?

Would that be any better than a new tablet? (Genuinely have no idea)

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two questions:

What was the name of the techno track that samples (I think) Eddie Mair saying "Young people dance all night to high volume techo music"?

Secondly I am recuperating from yet another operation on my nuts.  Being less active makes my Sciatica play up.  I am already on Amitripiline and Tramadol but do you know if Doctors are willing to hand out Baclofen for situations like mine.  I have a mate who has cerebral palsy and taking 2mls each evening from the 20mls he gave me really worked wonders.

Thanks in advance

• Paid Members

I'd say so. iPads are still the kings of the tablets and your mum shouldn't have a problem using it. The new models start at just over £300 so if you look around I'm sure you'll find an older one that's nearer to what you're wanting to pay.

I got a quite good wee one from Amazon recently. I'm was not wanting anything "top of the line". It's an Android and it's working out well for me. Plays Football Manager 2014 very quickly too. 85 knicker. Damn American keyboard.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00836SB2C/

Regarding Hugh Thesz, I wouldn't be naming specific drugs you want prescribed that weren't prescribed to you to a doctor. It will set all sorts of alarm bells off.

You may be onto something there Baz.  As I am booked into see a locum GP I am aware that he/she may look at my request for Amitripiline and Tramadol as potentially being at it; or at least they may do until they see my operation site - imagine Herman Munsters' napper after being bottled - so I don't want to come across as someone who has just googled it.  Thing is too is that I see and hear of the benefits of Baclofen from the young people in my work who are capable of conversing.  Really unsure as to how to approach this.  

I got a quite good wee one from Amazon recently. I'm was not wanting anything "top of the line". It's an Android and it's working out well for me. Plays Football Manager 2014 very quickly too. 85 knicker. Damn American keyboard.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00836SB2C/

Regarding Hugh Thesz, I wouldn't be naming specific drugs you want prescribed that weren't prescribed to you to a doctor. It will set all sorts of alarm bells off.

Is that proper Football Manager you run on that or the tablet/phone version? If so you may have just ruined my social life!

• Paid Members

Thing is too is that I see and hear of the benefits of Baclofen from the young people in my work who are capable of conversing.  Really unsure as to how to approach this.

You're not going to get much more than 50mg Tramadols and 30mg Co-Codamols these days in Glasgow, Shugg. Pain relief in this part of the world is abysmal. Junkie rats have ruined it for everybody.

You're not going to get much more than 50mg Tramadols and 30mg Co-Codamols these days in Glasgow, Shugg. Pain relief in this part of the world is abysmal. Junkie rats have ruined it for everybody.

The 10mg Amitripiline and 50mg Tramadol are enough for me.  Another example of a law or policy brought in that affects all rather than something that targets the offenders; the alcohol policy on trains being a case in point.

Cheers, Mungo. I didn't realise that disabled folk who live on benefits had to rely on so many different strands of it for their money.

Another question for the boys who are clued up on their drugs, Baz and co... Any anecdotal experience of amitriptyline? I've been prescribed 1 x 10mg a night of it, and I've got a strong suspicion I shouldn't take it.

• Paid Members

I'd stay well away. Amitriptyline is one of the old-school Tricylic anti-depressants. I went into an intense rage when I was given it. Hated feeling too drowsy. It's not even a good drowsy, it's a dirty drowsy that makes you feel horrible. Mumzie was given it as a sleeping pill for some reason. She could only take it for a few days before she started getting cluster headaches from it. Supposed to be good for nerve pain though.

Archived