DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
I watched batman, the one with Jack Nicklaus in. It was just as great as i remember it being when i was about 7. Next on the list is Memoirs of an invisible man with Chevy Chase, which i hope is also just as good as it was when i was about 7.

(SC)Jack_Nicklaus_Photo.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thats the one, Batman has to stop his evil plan to cheat a win in the Ryder Cup.

That or the spell checker just switched it without me really looking at what I was doing, but I'd rather go with the first mind.

Id also hope you aren't really confused by that and are joking or i'd suspect you're a bit simple

Edited by Tommy!

I watched batman, the one with Jack Nicklaus in. It was just as great as i remember it being when i was about 7. Next on the list is Memoirs of an invisible man with Chevy Chase, which i hope is also just as good as it was when i was about 7.

(SC)Jack_Nicklaus_Photo.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thats the one, Batman has to stop his evil plan to cheat a win in the Ryder Cup.

That or the spell checker just switched it without me really looking at what I was doing, but I'd rather go with the first mind.

Id also hope you aren't really confused by that and are joking or i'd suspect you're a bit simple

Don't worry, I knew you were confusing Nicholson with Nicklaus, just thought I'd point out the error :thumbsup:

Watched David Cronenberg's Crash over the weekend, mildly disappointing. I felt that any sort of story or narrative was ruined by the lazy over-reliance on graphic sex stuff, it was more like watching a better directed, more gruesome version of Red Shoe Diaries. I really wanted it to be a great film, it just never got there.

Watched The Brave One at the weekend.

Strange film, couldn't help but feel that if the lead role had been played by Jean Claude Van Damme it would have been a hell of a lot better because they wouldn't have felt the need to try and give it quite so much meaning and thus dilute any potential for fun which may have existed. It was a revenge based action film that really, really tried to be something other than a revenge based action film.

It also features one the strangest performances of all time from Jodie Foster. If you don't want to watch the film but want to know how she protrayed the role just close your eyes and remember the face she pulled when she was talking to Lector about the lambs - she pulled that face for two fucking hours.

Watched Breakfast With Pluto last night on Film 4. Neil Jordan and Trannies again. However a sterling cast, Cillian Murphy, Liam Neeson and a load of Brit/Irish stars including Ian Hart, Brendan Gleeson and a cracking tale make a good film.

Id equateit to a Trainspottingesque tale, of Mistaken identity, crap criminals and random violence. Cillian Murphy's 'Kitten' Is much like Renton, despite being a tranny being in the wrong place at the wrong time and having a load of crazy adventures while trying to seek out his biologial parents. Stephen Reas turn as a magician is hilarious. and The narration by birds reminds me of the talking dog in Go

Cracking film I would highly recommend

A film I wouldnt recommend is Lucky Number Slevin, despite the films cast and premise, i felt it was too convoluted for its own sake and ive given it a couple of times to sink in, but it leaves me cold and doesnt really capitvate and enthral me. Schlo mo, Morgan Freeman, and stories about revenge should be great however its trying to hard for its own good.

Maybe its a film you have to be in the zone as it were or with a bunch of like minded mates. I have had it recommended secveral times but just cant past the feeling of ennui while watching it.

Still to watch Letters from Iwo Jima

and through the post today should be Crank, Empire of the Sun and Memphis Belle WOO HAW and me 5.99 complete Rocky Boxset should be through shortly thereafter

• Paid Members
A film I wouldnt recommend is Lucky Number Slevin, despite the films cast and premise, i felt it was too convoluted for its own sake and ive given it a couple of times to sink in, but it leaves me cold and doesnt really capitvate and enthral me. Schlo mo, Morgan Freeman, and stories about revenge should be great however its trying to hard for its own good.

Maybe its a film you have to be in the zone as it were or with a bunch of like minded mates. I have had it recommended secveral times but just cant past the feeling of ennui while watching it.

Might be a bit late in not recommending it - we've already got a poster on here called Slevin Kelevra.

• Paid Members

I thought Lucky Number Slevin was fun. You should bear in mind that I (as every man should be) am gay for Josh Hartnett and am more than a little bit obsessed with Morgan Freeman. With that in mind it couldn't fail. It all gets a bit silly but there's enough good in it for it to be worth a watch. It also highlights the fact that Lucy Liu should be in more roles like that one. Why isn't she? Is it because she's Asian? It's because she's Asian isn't it? Bah. Baseless accusations aside, she is ludicrously likeable in that film. And hot, obviously.

I thought Lucky Number Slevin was fun. You should bear in mind that I (as every man should be) am gay for Josh Hartnett and am more than a little bit obsessed with Morgan Freeman. With that in mind it couldn't fail. It all gets a bit silly but there's enough good in it for it to be worth a watch. It also highlights the fact that Lucy Liu should be in more roles like that one. Why isn't she? Is it because she's Asian? It's because she's Asian isn't it? Bah. Baseless accusations aside, she is ludicrously likeable in that film. And hot, obviously.

The thing is, I generally like Josh Hartnett films, stretching back to the Faculty... I guess I must have missed the boat with Lucky Number Slevin

I watched "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer" on Sky Movies the other night. It's your basic slasher movie sequel but this time they have moved the location to the warm climate of Brazil. This gives Jennifer Love Hewitt the perfect excuse to spend 3 quarters of the movie in just a bikini which is great.

The ending sequence is pretty good as a tropical storm hits just as the killer starts to strike. This means JLH spends the final quarter of the movie running around in the pouring rain and with a tight, white unbuttoned shirt on which is also great.

As a slasher movie its very generic and the acting is appalling. Brandy (the singer) is terrible, her boyfriend is terrible and Freddie Prinze Jr. isn't in the movie long enough to really rate.

As a Jennifer Love Hewitt perv-fest it is tremendous. Lots of her wearing very little and when she decides to wear a shirt she treats us to her being soaking wet and running around a lot.

• Paid Members
You should bear in mind that I (as every man should be) am gay for Josh Hartnett

You should've got yourself down to the West End at the end of last year - Hartnett was the lead in the production of "Rain Man" at the Apollo on Shaftesbury Avenue. By all accounts, he did a great job of playing the Tom Cruise role.

It was a fun, silly film. It passed the time nicely, but Slevin Kelevra is a rubbish fictional name; it actively annoys me just saying it in my head. It sounds dumb!

I think it sounds OK. Is it supposed to be Yugoslavian? When I first heard the name, I thought it sounded like the latest Balkan player to be purchased by some mid-table Premier league club.