100 Feet

Any thoughts on these tip-top titles?

Edited by bAzTNM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Seen the Watchmen now. It was really good, read the graphic novel so long ago it didn't affect me watching it. Funny though no mention of Alan Moore, as creator/writer, just Dave Gibbons, does he miss out on a residual from the movie?

Alan Moore requested to have his name taken off all movies based on any of his works because he doesn't want to be associated with them because they're all really really shit. I actually really respect him for it, he's missed alot of big paydays.

Talented bloke but what a silly old hippie lol

Wonder what it's like if he bumps into Dave Gibbons and Dave talks about what he's spending his Watchmen pay cheque on ;)

Moore has still got to be earning more from the release of the film/DVD since would have boosted sales on his published work but still he's missing out on some big bucks.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
Talented bloke but what a silly old hippie lol

Wonder what it's like if he bumps into Dave Gibbons and Dave talks about what he's spending his Watchmen pay cheque on ;)

Moore has still got to be earning more from the release of the film/DVD since would have boosted sales on his published work but still he's missing out on some big bucks.

The guy has probably already made more money than he could ever need before the movies based on his stuff even came out. Also he's a fucking wizard and worships a snake, he probably doesn't give a fuck.

Well I'll be watching District 9 tonight, the R5 release hit the torrent sites last night and the quality looks excellent from the parts I flicked through. I havent heard and bad reviews for the film so far so I'm really looking forward to checking it out.

The picture and sound quality are outstanding all the way through on the R5. Just finished watching it and it's top notch.

Let the right one in.

Alright aside from that scene...

Which scene? I've watched it and have no idea what you're referring to.

The young girls vagina.

I was quite taken aback by that bit. It does serve a purpose, though, because of the girl's gender ambiguity in the film (and its source material). I think. It was too shit for me to really care enough to remember.

Which R5 of District 9 is everyone getting? I've seen the following up for download:

District 9 2009 R5 Xvid-Noir

District 9 R5 LiNE XviD 1000th RLS-DEViSE

District 9 REPACK R5 LiNE XviD-KAMERA

Any of these notably better or worse than the other, or have any particular problem?