DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

recently watched some of my hd-dvds (yeah some people still have them) - watched a movie called Accepted starring Justin Long, Jonah Hill, Blake Lively amongst others about a guy not getting into college so he starts his own. it wasnt as bad as i was expecting, and no breasts, drug references and only light swearing - not something you expect from these sort of films.

also watched Planet Earth Disc 1 - just stunning stuff, the picture quality is outstanding, nature docs at their finest.

oh and dvd wise ive watched a bunch of mid 2006 TNA PPV DVDs, been sat on the shelf since i first bought them and it was nice to watch some amazing X division stuff.

• Paid Members

Saw Funny People last night. I really enjoyed it. I like a lot of Sandler stuff and he was great in this too. He's got a good range of emotions and I always like him in stuff where he isn't just funny. Thought there was a lot of funny stuff and some good dialogue and it told a nice story. I'd only have three criticisms, firstly there was too much swearing. I knew there would be knowing the director and the cast but even as someone who swears a lot, I thought it was too much. Mostly because a lot of it was so unnecessary. Secondly, the stand up in the movie featured too many sex/cock jokes. Some were real funny and it's perhaps a realistic perception of some yank comics (e.g. Joe Rogan) but I thought it showed a lack of wit really to just bang you over the head with them.

**Spoiler**

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Lastly, I thought the ending was a bit low key. They avoided the happy ending to fit in with Sandler's character which was neat but I just felt it fell flat to end as it did.

The soundtrack was superb.

• Paid Members
A film I wouldnt recommend is Lucky Number Slevin, despite the films cast and premise, i felt it was too convoluted for its own sake and ive given it a couple of times to sink in, but it leaves me cold and doesnt really capitvate and enthral me. Schlo mo, Morgan Freeman, and stories about revenge should be great however its trying to hard for its own good.

it wasn't convoluted at all. It was mysterious and kept you wondering but I thought it did a brilliant job of dragging you along with it. I don't think it's trying too hard, I think it's genuinely clever and comes together very nicely. I wasn't expecting to like it but ended up loving it.

recently watched some of my hd-dvds (yeah some people still have them)

I didnt want to splash out hundreds for a blu-ray (not yet anyway, wait till i can,, well you know,, back them up! first) so i looked into buying a HD player and discs

have you seen the price of them on eBay?

christ, so much for a dead system!

as to films, watched Inglorious basterds!

the film was great but a few things missing, more gore would have been nice and a better ending (thought it wsn`t that great a final scene!)

apart from that it was great

I watched Drag Me To Hell the other night. Fucking awesome. Manages to be really scary at points and also really funny too. Highly recommended to watch with a group of friends if you can.

You are kidding right? At no point is it scary, there's a fucking talking goat, the ending was straight out of the "This is so obvious how it's going to end" files and to top it all off there's no tits. How can you have a horror with no tits?

Saw Matrix: Reloaded today for the first time. Guess it's one to add to the topic of things you never done. Saw the first one a couple of years back but wish I'd seen it sooner as I they are wicked movies!

I've got the 3rd of the trilogy waiting to see on Sky +, so no one spoil it for me ;)

If you are like me in that you've not seen any of the Matrix trilogy then I highly recommend 'em if you are into action, sci fi and kung fu :cool: