DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Let the right one in.

Alright aside from that scene...

Which scene? I've watched it and have no idea what you're referring to.

The young girls vagina.

I was quite taken aback by that bit. It does serve a purpose, though, because of the girl's gender ambiguity in the film (and its source material). I think. It was too shit for me to really care enough to remember.

Which R5 of District 9 is everyone getting? I've seen the following up for download:

District 9 2009 R5 Xvid-Noir

District 9 R5 LiNE XviD 1000th RLS-DEViSE

District 9 REPACK R5 LiNE XviD-KAMERA

Any of these notably better or worse than the other, or have any particular problem?

It's nearly DVD quality. :thumbsup:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the right one in.

The young girls vagina.

I was quite taken aback by that bit. It does serve a purpose, though, because of the girl's gender ambiguity in the film (and its source material). I think. It was too shit for me to really care enough to remember.

Which R5 of District 9 is everyone getting? I've seen the following up for download:

Any of these notably better or worse than the other, or have any particular problem?

Thanks, mate. I'm a picky, picky bastard when it comes to quality. It's usually at least 720p or nothing, but I can definitely be persuaded for a high quality standard rip in this case. Appreciated.

Let the right one in.

The young girls vagina.

Thanks, mate. I'm a picky, picky bastard when it comes to quality. It's usually at least 720p or nothing, but I can definitely be persuaded for a high quality standard rip in this case. Appreciated.

No probs! So if you're picky how come R5? What I don't understand is that some R5s are standard TS but with better audio. Am I right in thinking this? I didn't know that it was proper quality. You'll need subs for some of it.

No probs! So if you're picky how come R5? What I don't understand is that some R5s are standard TS but with better audio. Am I right in thinking this? I didn't know that it was proper quality. You'll need subs for some of it.

I'll settle for an R5 because of the film itself, but if there was a 720, I'd opt for that with no hesitation.

As far as I know, R5s are actually officially distributed DVDs that are intended for places like Asia, in order to combat rampant piracy. I think they're able to be released so quickly because they haven't been through the final image processing that regular DVDs go through, but there's barely any difference at all. The standard TSs with better audio might just be attempts to pass as R5s.

Just saw District 9:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Thought it was good, not great. Theres some pretty funny moments at the start ("He nearly took my eye out with a fooking lollypop"), but it soon turns fully serious. The main actor was really good. I only really realised it when they showed him at the end, pre-incident. He pulled off the transformation very well. Im not quite sure of the whole Iron Man deal toward the end, mind. Overall, the story was pretty good. I think they probably should have spent more time on the aliens situation. It seemed a bit rushed, and in turn you didnt really care too much whether they would reach the mothership or not.

I think its pretty much guaranteed that a sequal will happen. The emphasis on "3 years" makes it look like they are banking on a sequal happening.

Watched AdventureLand last night and totally fell in love with it. More actual drama based than comedy which I didn't expect going into it. The story is so brilliantly paced and really leaves you wanting more and more right up till the end.

And I'd fuck the life out of Kristen Stewart

I got all sorts of enjoyment out of District 9. The last half hour in particular was superb, and had me on the edge of my seat. It just got more and more batshit crazy.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The sudden-ness of the ending was brilliant too. As suddenly as we're introduced to the ship, it's gone.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Dead Snow, only a tenner in fop. Imagine a Scandinavian Evil Dead crossed with Wolfenstein 3D and you're pretty much there. For film with such a low budget it's quite impressive what they manage to do, There's a couple of really good gory bits and a few laughs, but it's obvious devotion to the genre (one character is wearing a t-shirt of Peter Jackson's braindead) it doesn't rise to the level if the films it pays homage to. And the sex scene in it just annoyed me, as did most of the non-zombie characters. But it does have one of the greatest tag lines of all time; EIN! ZWEI! DIE!

• Paid Members
I think its the same type of thing that tempts me to get Maximum Overdrive.

Maximum Overdrive is fucking marvellous. They used to show it about every year on Channel 4 on a Friday night. I watch it whenever I see it on, which is rare these days.

Top stuff, I will pick it up some day and watch it. I'll have a gander tomorrow in fact.

I watched batman, the one with Jack Nicklaus in. It was just as great as i remember it being when i was about 7. Next on the list is Memoirs of an invisible man with Chevy Chase, which i hope is also just as good as it was when i was about 7.