MVP RULZ Posted July 29 Posted July 29 (edited) 59 minutes ago, Merzbow said: I don't think Kyle Gass would agree, Jack probably is generally lovely but I can't get over him sacking his own mate from the band for doing the very evil thing... mocking Trump. But the context of it is sill crucial to the argument He didn't cancel the tour because he is pro Trump, totally the opposite in fact where he is a well known democrat who supports the party in loads of various ways He ended it simply because he is against any form of political violence which Gass seemingly hinted at with his "don't miss next time" comment Was it a totally throw away comedic remark and he wasn't actually encouraging someone to have another go at Trump ..insert Garth Gif Yes it was but it shows how true to his beliefs Jack Black is that he ended the tour because he couldn't condone such violence Gass seemed genuinely sorry and realised his mistake as well and both have made up and will be touring again in the future together. Edited July 29 by MVP RULZ Quote
Merzbow Posted July 29 Posted July 29 16 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said: He didn't cancel the tour because he is pro Trump, totally the opposite in fact where he is a well known democrat who supports the party in loads of various ways Without going on a rant, that context doesn't make it any better to me. Same side of the same coin etc. etc. Anyway has anyone ever met Bob Mortimer and can confirm he's the loveliest guy in comedy? Quote
Paid Members Gus Mears Posted July 29 Paid Members Posted July 29 Jack Black should definitely be in this thread. Ending a Tenacious D tour early is one of the nicest things any human being could do. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted July 29 Posted July 29 12 hours ago, JLM said: My mum used to work at a special needs school. David James popped in to join P.E. lessons from time to time and let the kids take penalties against him. Never any local press or fanfare about it and he'd always stay for a couple of hours and make sure everyone got autographs and photos before he went. Can't vouch for him outside of that but always thought it was nice of him to do. My ma also nabbed an autograph for me on one of his visits. This was later in his career but I was still really chuffed as I had been the proud owner of one of these bad boys when I was 11: My uncle used to make fun of me because it looked like I was wearing an apron. It annoyed me greatly. Good times. Ah the Netto kit. Quote
CTXRussomark Posted July 29 Posted July 29 2 hours ago, MVP RULZ said: He ended it simply because he is against any form of political violence which Gass seemingly hinted at with his "don't miss next time" comment I don't believe that for a second. He laughed at the comment when it was made and only cancelled the tour when the scale of the backlash became clear and it risked his movie deals. I totally get his decision but I don't believe it was as noble as he tried to spin it - it was 100% self-preservation. Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted July 29 Paid Members Posted July 29 McKenzie Crook seems and always comes across as a lovely, quiet and kind man. When he first made decent money, he spent it on a woodland to protect the nature there rather than a bigger house or a better car. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted July 29 Paid Members Posted July 29 10 hours ago, Merzbow said: Anyway has anyone ever met Bob Mortimer and can confirm he's the loveliest guy in comedy? I once queued behind him for popcorn at the cinema. He was trying to corral his family whilst in the queue and was very agitated. He was also in a very small pub near me that I used to frequent one Christmas, he went out for a smoke so I followed him. Tried to engage in a bit of smoker’s conversation but he was really not interested. To be fair, I was so battered it took me about 30 seconds to remember the name “Vic” as I was trying to ask him “how the other one was” or words to that effect. I wish I’d been more sober and asked him if he knew Mika Hakkinen. Soon after he was back inside and reluctantly agreed to a selfie, and was gone moments later. I still feel like a muppet about the whole thing so maybe he’s alright with people who aren’t wankered or queuing for popcorn, although from reading his autobiography, I don’t think he really likes the fan-interaction side of being famous. And who can blame him with pissheads like me trying to strike up conversation. I also met Vic once, around 2002/3 when I was at work. It was a tourist attraction that you worked by yourself at. So he approaches and asks for an item whilst his kids are rampaging around. Bearing in mind I was a huge Shooting Stars fan, so I was bit starstruck, I ask him, “are you from Vic and Bob?” And he says “Yes I am from Vic and Bob,” I asked to shake his hand as he was paying, and he said “here, I’ll cross your palm with silver,” paid and left. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted July 30 Paid Members Posted July 30 The professional wrestler Adam Page seems great. You get the impression he's an absolutely sound bloke, great values, and an excellent judge of character. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted July 30 Paid Members Posted July 30 On 7/27/2026 at 4:33 PM, Devon Malcolm said: No apology necessary at all. Let's talk about lovely people again. I assume Ms. Rachel is a slam-dunk. Nothing to add either way other than to take the opportunity to share this poster for a very small scale festival in North Somerset. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 31 Paid Members Posted July 31 At the graduation ceremony when my partner was getting her master's they had Jude Law there getting an honorary degree and he was incredibly nice to every single person there and astonishingly handsome in the flesh. He genuinely looked like some kind of a God in comparison to the other mere mortals in attendance. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 31 Posted July 31 (edited) 5 hours ago, LaGoosh said: At the graduation ceremony when my partner was getting her master's they had Jude Law there getting an honorary degree and he was incredibly nice to every single person there and astonishingly handsome in the flesh. He genuinely looked like some kind of a God in comparison to the other mere mortals in attendance. I'm a big fan of Jude Law's refusal to opt for the Hollywood hair transplant like any lesser celeb would have done years ago. Edited July 31 by wordsfromlee Quote
davertfnewman Posted July 31 Posted July 31 He's also had that hair pattern for years too. Used to be that someone like me, who gave up the fight and shaved it off in my twenties, would go for the Calum Best "fin" hairstyle to hold onto it but Best himself went under the knife a while ago. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted August 12 Paid Members Posted August 12 On 7/26/2026 at 4:34 PM, Frankie Crisp said: Sue Johnston Sue... Sue... Sue. Quote
Paid Members Azrall Posted August 12 Paid Members Posted August 12 Having recently got addicted to binge watching Drivetribe on youtube, I feel like both Izzy and Richard Hammond would both be people I'd like to sit in a pub garden with. Both appear to be funny and delightful and I would enjoy discussing what now appears to be a family trait of not being able to keep cars on the road. Quote
Paid Members Cod Eye Posted August 12 Paid Members Posted August 12 Just thought of one that I do have actual personal experiance with...Billy Connelly. My first real girlfriend was a club singer and got a gig on a cruises ship for a month or so. I went to visit her on the ship for a week, and got invited to the captains table for some reason, and The Big Yin was also there. What a top feller. No ego about him, and you could tell he grew up in total poverty from the way he spoke to us. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.