TheScarlettChad Posted April 1 Posted April 1 According to SRS, I hope this April Fools but I don't think it is.. Spoiler Chris Jericho is returning tonight. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 1 Paid Members Posted April 1 If nothing else, it’ll be funny if he got himself into amazing WWE-level shape, only to end up back in AEW. Nevermind the Countdown to the Millennium, the Countdown to the Gut starts now! Best case scenario; it’s revealed that the reason for his absence is that for twelve months straight he’s been slowly stalked by Ishii. Quote
Chili Posted April 2 Posted April 2 (edited) 8 hours ago, Supremo said: If nothing else, it’ll be funny if he got himself into amazing WWE-level shape, only to end up back in AEW. Nevermind the Countdown to the Millennium, the Countdown to the Gut starts now! Best case scenario; it’s revealed that the reason for his absence is that for twelve months straight he’s been slowly stalked by Ishii. Dear Supremo, Hope you're well, and your head didn't do that bit from 'Scanners.' Best wishes, Chili Edited April 2 by Chili Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 2 Posted April 2 Apparently Danhausen was showing clips of Jericho to Stephanie McMahon and she told HHH to ignore his calls. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 2 Author Paid Members Posted April 2 ‘I’m from Winnipeg, you idiot!’ …yet they didn’t seem to care much about that. That segment was constructed as if they were expecting a mega-reaction, but that never came. I’m glad that he’s back as a babyface, but if that’s the response he gets in his home town after a year out, if I were Tony Khan I’d be concerned about what to expect next week and beyond. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted April 2 Paid Members Posted April 2 I've not watched any AEW since the start of March because of the MyAEW/Roku debacle. I've just seen a clip of Jericho's return and Christ, it looks so WWE*. The lighting, the camera angles, the stage, the giant screen. I miss when this company had it's own distinct identity. *Maybe it's been like this for a while but I think you tend to be blind to certain things when you watch constantly. Seeing it after not watching for a while really hammered it home. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 2 Posted April 2 The longer it went, the less likely him returning to WWE became. I’d said to a friend if he wasn’t back on the post-Mania RAW then he’ll be back on the next Dynamite. Turns out we didn’t even make it to that. You know what this means though don’t you? We’re getting Fozzy at Wembley again. At least now I can plan a piss break Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted April 2 Posted April 2 I wonder if Jericho coming back is him filling out his remaining time or him signing a new deal. Either way, I think it would have been better had he been allowed to go to WWE. AEW don't need him, there is nothing there for him to do which he hasn't done already and a WWE return would have given him a fresh coat of paint. Oh well, at least he will get the Sting retirement treatment I guess.. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted April 2 Paid Members Posted April 2 Best Jericho promo in years! Also, 2 trios matches and both had that shitty 6 person suplex spot. Quote
theringmaster Posted April 2 Posted April 2 I'm sure i read Jericho had time left on his contract so couldn't go to wwe even if they wanted him. I wouldn't be surprised if he blasts out a good run now with decent matches to get a better wwe contract, love or hate him Jericho is very business savvy. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 2 Paid Members Posted April 2 On a roster filled with young athletic super workers Cope, Christian and Jericho feel like completely out of place ancient relics. I wish they would all fuck off. Jericho should be on Raw having a two year feud with Seth Rollins or something. Jericho has nothing to offer AEW anymore. Bad show with a bad crowd and very little of interest or worth. Quote
The King of Old School Posted April 2 Posted April 2 51 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: On a roster filled with young athletic super workers Cope, Christian and Jericho feel like completely out of place ancient relics. I wish they would all fuck off. Jericho should be on Raw having a two year feud with Seth Rollins or something. Jericho has nothing to offer AEW anymore. Bad show with a bad crowd and very little of interest or worth. I think there is definitely a place for those kind of characters in the company, not necessarily mea ing those though. I haven't got much interest in Jericho, but the Cope/Christian tag team has some mileage in it yet. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted April 2 Paid Members Posted April 2 Yeah, I think Christian has been great while hes been in AEW. Id keep him around for sure. Quote
Chili Posted April 2 Posted April 2 If Jericho is going to do something different, which he always has the potential to pull off, I'll be interested. If he ends up forming ANOTHER faction he can fuck off back to spoons. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.