Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

one of the frustrating things about AEW is that it's impossible to tell when someone not getting booked is by design or them just having fallen off the first page of Tony's spreadsheet last month. 

I do think it seems more likely something going on with Eddie, though - he doesn't seem to have been 100% since returning, and I'm not sure his knee is in good enough shape for him to work at the level he'd like to, so maybe he's content working tags for now to hide those weaknesses. I've found it mad that he wasn't thrown into a big story as soon as he came back, and that they barely give him any live mic time, and it does sometimes feel like there's something going on there but, again, impossible to tell if it's by design or not when it comes to AEW. He might just not fit into The Plan for a while.

The thing with Kingston is that when he came back - he was actually working around the then AEW Champion Samoa Joe - he was involved in the match where Joe won it, and then had a damn good match with Joe for the Title in December, the finish of which seemed to hint at a redemption storyline with a rematch down the line. But he then basically disappeared from any high profile programme after that and really hasn't done anything notable since. Such a shame.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I know he was having some migraine issues a month or so ago. Maybe it's a case of the company not being hugely confident in him health wise so they don't want to put him in anything long term.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Screenshot_20260401_062851_Chrome.thumb.jpg.982af72bfa39397600cdfe052df7e3c7.jpg

I've always enjoyed Willie Mack's work and thought AEW should have used him more. He would have fit The Conglomeration perfectly, for example and he's got a lot more to offer than plenty of the people they use regularly. Alas. Can't book everyone I suppose!

Posted
7 hours ago, Kamran said:

 

 

Image

 

This kind of random match frustrates me a lot about AEW, why is the number 1 contender for the AEW world championship (in his home town) teaming with Jack Perry to help him out in his feud with the Demand. Why is the number 1 contender made to look like a bit part player in his home town?
If they wanted to give Kenny a match, they should make him the focal point for it.

Ospreay vs Pac will be amazing.

Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Screenshot_20260401_062851_Chrome.thumb.jpg.982af72bfa39397600cdfe052df7e3c7.jpg

I've always enjoyed Willie Mack's work and thought AEW should have used him more. He would have fit The Conglomeration perfectly, for example and he's got a lot more to offer than plenty of the people they use regularly. Alas. Can't book everyone I suppose!

Didn't even know he was considered signed. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

yeah, that's a mental use of Kenny on this show. I understand that he's a (much) better wrestler than he is a promo, and the attitude will be that the audience will feel short-changed if they don't get a Kenny Omega match, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, but surely just the contract signing with MJF would be better? If it's about smashing feuds together for a big TV match, would it not be better to have Kenny team with the Bucks against MJF and FTR, and then you can get Cope & Christian involved and tease something with Kenny and C&C to pop the Canadian crowd?

I think Willie Mack is in many ways a victim of AEW's success. He's a guy that would have done great if he had signed in 2019, but the moment they started attracting big names from WWE and NJPW, those kind of "good on the indies" names largely retreated into the background if they weren't day one signings. The AEW product in general has shifted more and more away from comedy and goofiness, sometimes but not always for the better, and I think Mack would have been a better fit with that vibe. I think he's great, but these days I'd struggle to justify many people losing their spot to find more time for him that wouldn't be better served given to somebody else.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I really like Willie Mack, and I could see him getting massively over in WWE. I hope they sign him, and if they do, he’ll have a much brighter future there than he would in AEW at this stage. I do think they could have done more with him, though; whether it’s shoving him in a tag team, or using him instead of Adam Cole’s merry bunch of pals. 

Posted
4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

 would it not be better to have Kenny team with the Bucks against MJF and FTR, and then you can get Cope & Christian involved and tease something with Kenny and C&C to pop the Canadian crowd?

Heck surely just do a house show style match with Kenny, Cope & Christian vs MJF & FTR? Canadas finest or suchlike. Given the likely limited final run Edge is doing I don't think you're burning anything unnecessarily having him team with Kenny in a 6 man.

There are certain things AEW keeps coming back to that never really seem to work. Jack Perry is arguably one of them. He's not bad or anything and has some good ideas (although tends to try and include all of them as others have noted). He just dampens things in the spot he's often put in...

 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I hadn’t considered it before, but now that it’s been mentioned you assume Copeland would want to share a ring with Kenny Omega before they both retire. They haven’t interacted yet, have they?

I wouldn’t hold out much hope for a singles match, but Cope & Christian vs. Omega & Ospreay could be a delicious TV main event.

Very worrying that Chris Jericho has been submitting new trademarks in the run up to a Dynamite in Winnipeg. May God have mercy on our souls…

Edited by Supremo
Posted

He did an early promo (maybe even first) where he was listing names saying "Would you like to see Cope vs. blahblahblah". Pretty sure Omega was one of the first he mentioned.

And yeah, "Cornerstone" does not at all feel like a gimmick a returning to WWE Jericho has... 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’m fine with Jericho coming back at this point, providing it’s as a babyface and for one final run. Most of his most significant rivals and partners who are still active are in AEW, not WWE - Edge, Christian, MJF, Omega, Paul Wight…maybe I’ll regret these comments, but I feel like he could have a much better final run in AEW as opposed to WWE. 

1 hour ago, organizedkaos said:

There are certain things AEW keeps coming back to that never really seem to work. Jack Perry is arguably one of them.

I don’t know why (maybe because JR used to say the name in error instead of ‘Jungle Boy’ Jack Perry) but ‘Jungle Jack Perry’ is one of the most irritating names in wrestling for me. What does it even mean? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

maybe because JR used to say the name in error instead of ‘Jungle Boy’ Jack Perry

JR said the reason he did this was because at some point the boy will be a man and you can't call him Jungle Boy so he thought it made sense to set that up early. I agree with him. For all the flaws with the act the name is the least of them.

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

JR said the reason he did this was because at some point the boy will be a man and you can't call him Jungle Boy so he thought it made sense to set that up early. I agree with him. For all the flaws with the act the name is the least of them.

Wasn't a problem for Ric Flair or Shawn Michaels. I don't entirely dislike Jungle Jack Perry, but I think Jungle Boy was a better nickname.

  • Paid Members
Posted
57 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

JR said the reason he did this was because at some point the boy will be a man and you can't call him Jungle Boy so he thought it made sense to set that up early. I agree with him. For all the flaws with the act the name is the least of them.

Fair enough logic JR, but I still hate the name!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...