Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Chris, you’ve been gone a whole year! What pilgrimage could have possibly taken so long?!

IMG_5611.thumb.jpeg.4ccdcf4f2cdd1df78a6b0c231651e980.jpeg

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted
15 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

‘I’m from Winnipeg, you idiot!’

…yet they didn’t seem to care much about that.

That segment was constructed as if they were expecting a mega-reaction, but that never came.

I’m glad that he’s back as a babyface, but if that’s the response he gets in his home town after a year out, if I were Tony Khan I’d be concerned about what to expect next week and beyond.

Are we sure he's a babyface? Only reason I think that is because didn't he do something similar in WWE during one of his returns? He would come out, lap up the applause and go back and not really do anything. After weeks of doing this, with fans getting more frustrated by it, he turned on them. I wouldn't be surprised if he did something similar here, if he actually teased a feud/match with someone I would think differently.

 

12 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Bad show with a bad crowd and very little of interest or worth.

I didn't think the crowd were the best but I did like Pac/Osprey and MJF/Speedball plus I thought the trios match was alright too.

I am starting to think that MJF might retain at Dynasty now with Darby going on about wanting his title shot with MJF.

Collision is TONIGHT:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Take care if you’re watching Collision on Triller this morning. It’s doing that thing where it shows you a few seconds from late in the show before it goes to the beginning, and you’ll have Willow’s opponent spoiled. I’m very very happy with who it is, but I would have liked to see it happen at the right point in the show!

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not something I'll miss about Triller.

The last episode I watched on there before my subscription expired, the snippet it incongrously showed at the start was the winners of the main event celebrating. Cheers lads.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Take care if you’re watching Collision on Triller this morning. It’s doing that thing where it shows you a few seconds from late in the show before it goes to the beginning, and you’ll have Willow’s opponent spoiled. I’m very very happy with who it is, but I would have liked to see it happen at the right point in the show!

Yeah, I was caught out by that and I’m a bit gutted that I had it spoiled in that way. Like you, I’m glad at who it is (and I’ll avoid spoilers in case anyone has forgotten Collision is on early this week) and I’m a big fan of their work. 

It’s another week in which Collision was far better than Dynamite, and another week in which I continue to be baffled by the absence of Max Caster. There must be a reason for him not being on TV, and if it’s because he’s leaving, it would be a real shame not to see The Acclaimed reunite first.

Posted

Juice Robinson looks like Hornswoggle playing Fake Diesel in that match graphic. 

Posted (edited)

I forget that AEW chicks up old matches from the archives up. This match/angle between MJF and Shawn Dean was brilliant. Especially love MJF trying to barter with Bryce to not count him out, plus fucking hell, poor Wardlow going from this to feuding with 20 security guards afterwards. What were they doing?! I know he's not a top tier worker, but neither was Goldberg, and Wardlow even after this should have been handled better until they found the right spot for him post split. He was an auxiliary character that came into his own and I do think they fucked it a bit. Always loved MJF and Shawn Spears 'oh, we are fucked!' expressions at the end of this. I miss less serious AEW.

 

Edited by Chili
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Wardlow was too good to be just a sidekick but not quite good enough to be a singles star in his own right. 

I think he tried to wrestle like a typical wrestler but he should have worked more like a big mental dumb guy wrestler like Mike Awesome. 

Definitely didn't help when he cut off his glorious sexy hair.

I always liked that Wardlow was the monster of The Pinnacle even though Shawn Spears was actually bigger than him.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

I wonder how long before Wardlow pops up again. It’s been a time of returns for AEW - Jericho (who seems to have dropped the ‘Chris’?), then Hikaru Shida on Collision, then the Hurt Syndicate pop back up in a quick backstage bit, and then we’re finally getting Queen Aminata back on Dynamite. Wardlow can’t be far behind!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
Couldn’t justify the Shida spoiler at 7 this morning but it’s probably okay now
Posted

Good to see Shida back and seemingly with some sort of direction in mind, based on the post match. 

Now watch her vanish again, after a couple of shows.

Good Collision. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Finally watching the Jericho segment in its entirety, the whole thing just felt sad. Returning after a year out, in his home town, getting such a rubbish reaction. A real air of tragedy to see him in that WWE shape, with the WWE look and presentation, but back in AEW. I don’t know how this has happened, but somehow everyone loses. He’d have probably got a standing ovation had this been Raw or Smackdown, rather than everyone sighing and rolling their eyes.

David Brent bringing his dog in to visit after being made redundant. The wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. No one has ever looked more tragic in such sparkly trousers. You either beat Randy The Ram at Wrestlemania 25 or you see yourself wrestle long enough to become Randy The Ram.

I’m willing to give him a chance. After all, four months ago I thought Kenny Omega was completely washed and an MJF World Title reign sounded like the worst idea in the world, yet here we are in the midst of both men proving me wrong.

I don’t have high hopes though. It’s just going to be more of the same, isn’t it? Back to where we’ve been with Jericho for the last few years. Diminishing performances, with diminishing reactions, with him endlessly thinking he can style it out and turn everything into a meta joke that he’s somehow in on. I give it three weeks before he turns heel and acts like he wanted a shitty lacklustre reaction in his hometown crowd, actually, so needless to say he gets the last laugh.

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted

After he came out I tried to think of a single possible interesting opponent for him and the only thing I could think of was Big Bill chokeslamming him into a bin and wheeling it out the building.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...