Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 26 Paid Members Posted March 26 Rush vs Darby was a lovely, nasty, scrappy little war. Loved it. Of the fairly long list of people being underused by the company Rush is near the top. I know he's had bad luck with injuries, visa issues and being generally mental but if they could give him a consistent role in the company I'd be very happy. Nothing else on the show really had much of an impact on me. Pretty blah. The building looked rubbish. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 26 Paid Members Posted March 26 I was convinced it was MJF vs. Will Ospreay for the Title at All In. It probably still is. However, Omega vs. Ospreay 3, for the World Title, in Wembley Stadium? Sure sounds tasty, doesn’t it? I still think about that rope break from their Forbidden Door match. One of the all-time greatest spots. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 26 Paid Members Posted March 26 I think it's going to be Omega/Ospreay. Can't think of a better time to do it and it'll move tickets, I reckon. It may be their last chance! AEW have got themselves intone one of those "good problem" situations. MJF's current form and title reign is pretty good (way better than everyone expected) so it almost feels too early to end his run. However Omega winning will be great moment and naturally leads onto a much more exciting match than an MJF rematch. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 26 Author Paid Members Posted March 26 Perhaps he was unavailable, but it’s a real shame that they held a show in Minnesota, without giving fans the cathartic moment of being able to cheer and chant for Brodie King. Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted March 26 Paid Members Posted March 26 15 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Perhaps he was unavailable, but it’s a real shame that they held a show in Minnesota, without giving fans the cathartic moment of being able to cheer and chant for Brodie King. Saw somewhere (already lost where) that he ran out post-show to get involved, so they had a big moment for him just not on TV. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted March 26 Paid Members Posted March 26 1 hour ago, Supremo said: I was convinced it was MJF vs. Will Ospreay for the Title at All In. It probably still is. However, Omega vs. Ospreay 3, for the World Title, in Wembley Stadium? Sure sounds tasty, doesn’t it? I still think about that rope break from their Forbidden Door match. One of the all-time greatest spots. Yeah, I've never been convinced that they were going back to MJF vs. Ospreay, and I'm now absolutely certain it's going to be Ospreay vs. Omega. They recently trademarked "Continental Cup", which makes me think they do away with the Continental Title, and just have the C2 be for a trophy instead. So Will Ospreay beats Jon Moxley at Dynasty for the Continental Title, and unifies it with the World Title against Omega at All In, is my prediction. And somewhere in the middle, because they're doing this stuff with MJF and the Don Callis Family, they go back to Ospreay & Omega as a team against the Don Callis Family - I'd maybe even roll the Takeshita turn into that story, because Ospreay/Omega/Takeshita vs. Okada/Fletcher and either another member of the Don Callis Family or MJF could be a massive match. I don't know what they're doing with Swerve, though. I'm glad he didn't beat Kenny with that stipulation, but he needs something to seriously get his teeth into as a heel, and I'm not sure what that's going to be. Quote
The King of Old School Posted March 26 Posted March 26 12 minutes ago, BomberPat said: I don't know what they're doing with Swerve, though. I'm glad he didn't beat Kenny with that stipulation, but he needs something to seriously get his teeth into as a heel, and I'm not sure what that's going to be. I see him in the World Title picture between Dynasty and Double Or Nothing if Kenny does come out with the belt. Seems a natural progression, and they have one win each against each other so far. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 26 Author Paid Members Posted March 26 1 hour ago, Jesse said: Saw somewhere (already lost where) that he ran out post-show to get involved, so they had a big moment for him just not on TV. I feel like they’re utterly missing the boat with him right now. They stumbled into a red hot potentially main event wrestler, with moral values their fans can get behind, yet they don’t seem to have anything much for him to do. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 26 Paid Members Posted March 26 Another nice trivia note if they went with Omega vs. Ospreay at this year’s All In is that it would perfectly complete the trilogy, where the first match happened in Japan where both men made their names, the second was in Kenny’s home country of Canada and then the third was held in Ospreay’s home country of England. It is nice to be wrong though. I was gutted and expected the worst when MJF won the belt. It’s nice that he’s been so surprisingly great as Champion that it almost feels unfair if he doesn’t get to headline Wembley. It’d arguably feel like his reign was being cut short if he lost to Kenny at Dynasty. There’s at least a few TV/PPV feuds to be had with him defending against the likes of Darby and Orange Cassidy. Swerve’s direction seems obvious. I’m not letting this go. It’s the one loop AEW needs to close, with the two most perfect men to do it. Hangman vs. Swerve at Wembley, Exploding Barb Wire Deathmatch. Bangers and Crash! Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 26 Paid Members Posted March 26 (edited) I've rewatched Rush/Darby. What a fucking match! Rush is who Gabe Kidd wishes he was. The hard cam was weirdly zoomed out this week, it looked awful: Why all that dead space of the outside of the ring on screen and at the top? Made it look so boring and lifeless. Surely you want it looking more something like this: Edited March 26 by LaGoosh Quote
pol_pot_rick Posted March 26 Posted March 26 Anyone else on Firestick unable to log into MyAEW? https://freeimage.host/i/qZ98sI9 Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted March 27 Paid Members Posted March 27 15 hours ago, Supremo said: I was convinced it was MJF vs. Will Ospreay for the Title at All In. It probably still is. However, Omega vs. Ospreay 3, for the World Title, in Wembley Stadium? Sure sounds tasty, doesn’t it? I still think about that rope break from their Forbidden Door match. One of the all-time greatest spots. 14 hours ago, LaGoosh said: I think it's going to be Omega/Ospreay. Can't think of a better time to do it and it'll move tickets, I reckon. It may be their last chance! 13 hours ago, BomberPat said: Yeah, I've never been convinced that they were going back to MJF vs. Ospreay, and I'm now absolutely certain it's going to be Ospreay vs. Omega. 10 hours ago, Supremo said: Another nice trivia note if they went with Omega vs. Ospreay at this year’s All In is that it would perfectly complete the trilogy, where the first match happened in Japan where both men made their names, the second was in Kenny’s home country of Canada and then the third was held in Ospreay’s home country of England. It is nice to be wrong though. I was gutted and expected the worst when MJF won the belt. It’s nice that he’s been so surprisingly great as Champion that it almost feels unfair if he doesn’t get to headline Wembley. It’d arguably feel like his reign was being cut short if he lost to Kenny at Dynasty. There’s at least a few TV/PPV feuds to be had with him defending against the likes of Darby and Orange Cassidy. Swerve’s direction seems obvious. I’m not letting this go. It’s the one loop AEW needs to close, with the two most perfect men to do it. Hangman vs. Swerve at Wembley, Exploding Barb Wire Deathmatch. Bangers and Crash! I was thinking the same about Osprey/Omega, although the only doubt I have is that Double or Nothing is coming from New York in May and they usually have MJF feature prominently for the New York shows. Obviously he can still be a big part of the show without being the champion going in but when they announced the location, I always assumed MJF would still be champion by then. I'm still thinking we get Okada/Takeshita at All In too, if they also go with Osprey/Omega and Swerve/Hangman that's 3 pretty incredible matches there! Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 27 Author Paid Members Posted March 27 Omega/Ospreay is arguably the biggest draw they have, outside of perhaps an Omega/Danielson rematch should he ever decide to wrestle again, but I don’t think we’ll see it at All In. I hope I’m wrong though, I feel a bit less positive about MJF’s latest title reign than others seem to. The matches are good, but as a character he’s offering very little. 11 hours ago, LaGoosh said: I've rewatched Rush/Darby. What a fucking match! Rush is who Gabe Kidd wishes he was. Maybe I need to rewatch it. It was such a strange choice of main event and the outcome was predictable so I went into it with a bit of a negative mindset if I’m honest. Also, Rush himself is a twat. But I’m not quoting you for that reason. I’m going to stand proud as seemingly the only person on this board who holds this opinion: I actually like Gabe Kidd and I would be perfectly happy for The Dogs to be pushed at a much higher level. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 27 Paid Members Posted March 27 Likes Gabe Kidd. Hates Willow Nightingale. Quote
The King of Old School Posted March 27 Posted March 27 8 hours ago, Kamran said: I was thinking the same about Osprey/Omega, although the only doubt I have is that Double or Nothing is coming from New York in May and they usually have MJF feature prominently for the New York shows. Obviously he can still be a big part of the show without being the champion going in but when they announced the location, I always assumed MJF would still be champion by then. Suppose if Kenny wins at Dynasty then the rematch could be at Double or Nothing? MJF going in as challenger can still be a big part of the show. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.