Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Suppose if Kenny wins at Dynasty then the rematch could be at Double or Nothing?

MJF going in as challenger can still be a big part of the show.

Yeah, I was thinking that but then I was trying to think back on how many times AEW have had the same wrestlers in a World title match in consecutive PPVs and I couldn't (my memory does suck though).

However just looking at what Supremo said earlier about the Omega/Osprey trivia, we could get Omega winning the title in Canada at Dynasty which would easily lead to MJF wanting the rematch in New York...so that seems more than possible now 😆

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Kamran said:

However just looking at what Supremo said earlier about the Omega/Osprey trivia, we could get Omega winning the title in Canada at Dynasty which would easily lead to MJF wanting the rematch in New York...so that seems more than possible now 😆

Fantasy booking alert, but here's something that I could see making sense. 

Let's say MJF loses a fast rematch, and in a mixture of desperation for another shot and a continuing obsession with Adam Page, he offers the same stip - if he loses, he never challenges again. 

Then Hangman costs him the match. 

They've effectively cost each other the title forever due to their obsession with each other. 

Then, at some point, Max being Max, he goes back on his word - which allows Hangman to do the same, since MJF broke it first. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Okada/Knight was quite possibly Okada’s best singles match since joining AEW. I really enjoyed that. There’s definitely something there with Kevin Knight, although I continue to think his true breakout moment will come as a heel.

I’m delighted to see Babes of Wrath finally go their separate ways. They were really grating on me as an act, mainly because they always delivered a variation on the same promo and lost any depth they had. Now that Toni Storm is out of the picture, this really is Willow’s chance to cement herself as the top female babyface in AEW and outside of Mercedes Mone, I can’t think of a stronger contender for that role. I still find her annoying, but I can’t deny her popularity or the very obvious strengths she has. 

I can’t even remember his name - but the guy who never wrestles for The Rascals vs Johnny TV has to be a real low point for television. Not for AEW, not for wrestling television but TV as an entity. Who was this for, exactly? If they did a Taboo Tuesday-style poll for that match vs dead air, in all rights the latter should be the winner. And I don’t even mind the former John Morrison that much! But fuck me, this was not a combination I wanted to see when I woke up this morning.

In spite of that, I actually did think this was a good show - far better than this week’s Dynamite, keeping up Collision’s tendency to quietly outshine its older sibling. Can’t beat a bit of Collision on a Sunday morning, even if you do get the occasional Rascalz match. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

Fletcher left the arena in a walking boot after this spot apparently. Looks awful. So many of the Callis family seem to get injuries it’s odd. 
 

 

ScreenRecording_03-29-2026 12-07-59_1.mov

What is that weird link?

Anyways, absolutely pissed myself when I saw the Myron Reed vs Johnny TV graphic. Who could possibly care about that shit?

Just some people under contract not booked on this show:

Eddie Kingston

Big Bill

Shibata

Beast Mortos 

Kommander

El Clon

Kris Statlander

John Silver

Thunder Rosa

Athena

But no, they can find time for Myron Reed vs Johnny TV.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted

Surely the reason for Myron vs Johnny is to try and give him a decent showing on TV. How you build people up. I’m not sure why it was such a bad choice, I thought it was a fun time that made me understand the buzz around Reed.

im obviously in far too positive a mood.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

There’s buzz around him? It was the most “ROH warm up match just after doors open and nobody’s in their seats yet” I’ve seen on their TV since they used to put the bloody Premier Athletes on Collision.

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I thought it was a fun time that made me understand the buzz around Reed.

 

I was going to say the same thing as HG - not trying to be a dick here, but what buzz? 

15 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Eddie Kingston

I said this in the ROH thread, but I can only assume he and Tony Khan have had a falling out. I don’t understand why he’s fallen as far down the card as he has, and if it’s because he’s simply not Khan’s cup of tea, what an absolute waste of talent. The maddest part of this all is that I’m looking at the guy thinking ‘he’d be a big star if he jumped to WWE’ - I’m not sure if it’s a good or a bad thing that WWE has become the company where an underutilised wrestler can thrive, but either way, it’s insane that Kingston has ended up in this situation.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

There’s buzz around him? It was the most “ROH warm up match just after doors open and nobody’s in their seats yet” I’ve seen on their TV since they used to put the bloody Premier Athletes on Collision.

When the Rascals were signed all I heard was how good Myron Reed was and how he was the best wrestler in the group. So when I say buzz that’s what I meant.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Kingston falling out with promoters is not a new thing so I wouldn't be surprised. A shame if so because feuds with MJF, Fletcher, Swerve and Ricochet (among others) would be great. Money left on the table!

Glad to see Babes of Wrath call it a day. The match on Collision clearly highlighted the gulf in in ring skill and experience between Cameron and most the rest of the womens roster. She's better used as a fun character than a regular wrestler at this point. And Willow needs to be pushed as a top act and Cameron is holding her back.

Okada/Knight was excellent. Knight is really good and will be a top guy for them one day. That's twice recently he's been in a title match with an obvious winner but still managed to get the crowds 100% behind him and biting on every near fall. And Okada is always a joy to watch.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

When the Rascals were signed all I heard was how good Myron Reed was and how he was the best wrestler in the group. So when I say buzz that’s what I meant.

I’d always been under the impression that the former Wes Lee was considered the best in the group.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against them pushing new talent, but The Rascalz haven’t clicked at all since joining AEW - their gimmick feels incredibly indie. They’re clearly good wrestlers, but who isn’t in that company? If they’re to work as an act, it won’t be through showing they’re good in-ring, it’ll be through a complete reassessment and reworking of their characters. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I feel like all of my AEW gripes come back around to the Trios titles eventually, but there's three of the fuckers. Why are they wrestling tags and singles matches, why have they not worked one trios match since signing? Surely throwing them straight into that division and having an actual defined full-time trio for once would make more sense?

Posted

I think Kingston is possibly going through some stuff at the moment or not feeling particularly confident. I think if he had a proper falling out with the higher ups, he just wouldn't be being used at all.

  • Paid Members
Posted

one of the frustrating things about AEW is that it's impossible to tell when someone not getting booked is by design or them just having fallen off the first page of Tony's spreadsheet last month. 

I do think it seems more likely something going on with Eddie, though - he doesn't seem to have been 100% since returning, and I'm not sure his knee is in good enough shape for him to work at the level he'd like to, so maybe he's content working tags for now to hide those weaknesses. I've found it mad that he wasn't thrown into a big story as soon as he came back, and that they barely give him any live mic time, and it does sometimes feel like there's something going on there but, again, impossible to tell if it's by design or not when it comes to AEW. He might just not fit into The Plan for a while.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...