Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Des off of Old Friend Club on Instagram where they chat to old people in nursing homes about their lives.  He always talked about his late wife so fondly.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Stephanie Cole passed away yesterday aged 84. I remember her from Open All Hours and Still Open All Hours, but she'd been in a lot of other shows as well. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Last thing I saw get in was Doc Martin where she was getting shagged on the kitchen table.  Put me off my butty.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Angry Anderson died on Monday aged 79.  Hard Rocking Australian frontman of Rose Tattoo who shocked everyone at the time by doing Scott and Charlene’s wedding theme in Neighbours.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It's an absolute banger of a song that. TV history.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Crime writer Peter May has died (link to The Herald). I imagine a lot of you will be unfamiliar with him, but he meant a lot to me as he was one of the few authors who wrote about (fictional) crime in rural Scotland; a part of the world I grew up in and a part of the world that very rarely makes its way into fiction. The best tribute I can pay to him, I think, is this: you should read his books. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Aw man, that's a blow. One of the heroes of my childhood. Saved By The Bell is one of those things I don't think about very often but when I do I'll get right into reading about it, watching it or listening to some podcast about it. Watched a video yesterday about the Tori situation in the last series which absolutely puzzled me as a kid, especially when Jessie and Kelly came back for the finale. I think Tori delivering Baby Belding in a lift was probably her finest moment along with the school song they wrote. I loved that episode! Song was a banger too.

Mr Belding. What a dork. What a legend.

  • Members
Posted (edited)

Mr Belding deserved a big fat teachers pension for putting up with Screech for so many years.

Also loved Saved By The Bell, and saw this clip again recently. Now we all know Slater is a proper worker with an Angle style game, but Morris is game here. I'd like to see them in a 5 minute sprint on Nitro.

Edit: forgot the bloody clip!

 

Edited by SuperBacon
Bus ride by!
  • Paid Members
Posted

Belding was obviously everything that Mr Feeney wasn't supposed to be in Boy Meets World, more of the comedy foil for a larger groups escapades, who could have moments of sincerity when needed to really help a situation. I don't think there's many people I could imagine in that role than Dennis Haskins. 

I feel somewhat bad for him that he must have felt left out for not even being given a cameo for the reboot, especially with all the work he did with conventions and appearances to keep the nostalgia of the show alive until that point but there is a hope that he knew that generations of kids and then there own when they've shown them have seen this lovable goof with a heart of gold, who could be stern but fair and recognise that that's how teachers should be when needed.

  • Paid Members
Posted
43 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

I feel somewhat bad for him that he must have felt left out for not even being given a cameo for the reboot, especially with all the work he did with conventions and appearances to keep the nostalgia of the show alive until that point but there is a hope that he knew that generations of kids and then there own when they've shown them have seen this lovable goof with a heart of gold, who could be stern but fair and recognise that that's how teachers should be when needed.

There may be a reason for this.

Pretty quickly, when the news broke that he died, I saw a couple of people posting on Bluesky talking about his reputation for being creepy and pressuring around young women - one guy said he was his handler at a convention, and he was assigned one to avoid him being alone with women. Same guy said multiple comedians had questioned him being booked, telling him Haskins had a reputation for using his profile to pressure young women.

Might be nothing to it, but it would explain people not being in a rush to book him on the show.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Mighty Sparrow, aged 91 earlier this week.

Legendary Trinidadian calypso singer. I discovered him from Eliza Carthy's cover of Mister Walker, and her at a live show explaining who he was and show she came to his music, but well worth digging into in general, there's some real gems in the back catalogue, from a genre I always want to know more of and rarely know where to start.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...