Chico Torres Posted April 17 Posted April 17 Jumping Joe Fowler was good but he came a little too late, we were in the Todd era and he was too “tie and blazer” for that era and as far as C-show suit men were concerned the ever reliable housewives favourite Ray Rougeau was always around when needed. Charlie Minn was groundbreaking but too over excitable, Stan Lane too good looking for the role he was expected to play. I am a freebird forever, both hellraiser territory era and glam rock WCW era, love PS but I couldn’t stand Dok Hendrix. He aged prematurely and was trying to be Todd but came across as a very uncool creepy uncle. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 1 hour ago, air_raid said: Anyone remember Bonnie Blackstone? She was no Tamara Murphy. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 38 minutes ago, Chico Torres said: Ray Rougeau If we did that tier thing they're always doing on YouTube when no one asked for it, Ray is bottom tier on his own. Even Kevin Kelly and Lord Al look down on him. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: She was no Tamara Murphy. Ah, who is? I’ll tell you - nobody. Had the cheek to re-debut on telly the same year they had actual Pam Anderson on two PPV and STILL stole all of our hearts. Yes, hearts. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 Ooh, it's Hogan-Warrior hard cam. I was absolutely certain that they put this as an extra on a Blu-ray set and I was disappointed it still had the commentary on, but here's it's commentary-free. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 6 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Definitely the worst out of the bunch. Just a useless sack of shit. Kevin Kelly came off as an absolute bellend on his shoot interview as well. No idea how or why I ended up watching that because I couldn’t stand him in the WWF, why I subjected myself to watching a whole interview, I don’t know. But I remember thinking he seemed like a proper horrible prick and I ended up disliking him way more than I did from just his WWF TV appearances. Which was quite an achievement. Quote
Chico Torres Posted April 17 Posted April 17 3 hours ago, tiger_rick said: If we did that tier thing they're always doing on YouTube when no one asked for it, Ray is bottom tier on his own. Even Kevin Kelly and Lord Al look down on him. Going to have to disagree sir, Ray was largely devoid of personality but did have the ‘tache and a twinkle in his eyes, most of the other event center types at least had some slickness to them and could sport a WWF blazer, Kelly was just a complete dweeb. And I hope there is no implied slander of his Lordship in your post, one of the all time greats. Lord Al and Mooney are in my top tier commentary rankings, their playful banter carried many an inconsequential Coliseum video bout. Ray also had the great moment where he interviewed his brother but unlike these days where 2026 and 2006 doesn’t seem that different, 1989 to 1993 was an eternity and a completely different era so it was long forgotten that they were related even though the great Jacques makes a sly hint Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 WWE Vault has been a joy to behold this week. Its pretty much the only wrestling I’m watching these days! Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted April 17 Paid Members Posted April 17 14 hours ago, tiger_rick said: Seen clips from this before but the first time I've watched the whole thing. Features one of my new favourite WWF fibs ever as Todd Pettingill proclaims a million New Yorkers are in attendance, despite there being a couple of thousand and plenty walking by not giving a shit - Mall of America vibes. Been watching this just now. I remember, when the Network was pretty new, I did a watch-through of 1995 Raw's and PPV's and the year wasn't anywhere near as bad as the online discourse suggests. That said, even as an 11 year old at the time who'd watch any old shite as long as it involved the WWF, the drop-off in star power and just the product in general around Wrestlemania time was clear as day. I genuinely couldn't have cared less about some American Footballer called Lawrence Taylor. Quote
Chili Posted April 18 Posted April 18 WCW Vault has dropped the second part of Sting in WCW 1992. Quote
The Reverend Posted April 18 Posted April 18 8 hours ago, Chili said: WCW Vault has dropped the second part of Sting in WCW 1992. It's like the 80's all over again. The ghost of Jim Crockett trying to put the kibosh on Wrestlemania by putting on a rival show (I'll definitely take Sting though) Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 19 Paid Members Posted April 19 Has it ever been revealed who the legend is that's running The Vault? Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 19 Paid Members Posted April 19 On 4/18/2026 at 9:33 AM, Chili said: WCW Vault has dropped the second part of Sting in WCW 1992. Vivid memory unlocked with this one. When I used to watch Worldwide every Saturday, my Dad used to record it every week in Long Play so I’d get 8 hours worth of episodes on one tape. I’d watch it while it was on anyway but he knew I was weird and liked to rewatch the shit out of my wrestling. One Saturday afternoon, we were all going out somewhere, right as Worldwide was starting, so my old man quickly whacked the 8 hour tape in, checked it was where it left off at the end of last week’s episode and hit record just before we all rushed out the door. Being the wrestling obsessed geek I was, as soon as we got home that evening, I had to watch it. Bearing in mind, Worldwide was usually just a couple of squash matches, some promos and a ‘name vs name’ main event that could be hit and miss from one week to the next. Sometimes the main event would be a Vader vs Steamboat banger or something, other weeks you’d get Greg Valentine vs Marcus Alexander Bagwell. Well this week it was a six man tag of Sting and the Steiners vs Rick Rude, Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton. I couldn’t believe my luck. Felt like my loyalty to tuning in every week religiously was being rewarded. Then the tape cut off just after Sting, Rick and Scott made their entrance. I was fuming. In his rush to get himself, my mum and the four of us little brats out the door that afternoon, me missing a Van Hammer squash match wasn’t at the top of my Dad’s list of priorities for some reason and he hadn’t realised there wasn’t enough space left on the tape. So I missed the most stacked Worldwide main event I thought I’d ever see at the time. Fast forward to 2026, I’m skimming through that video there and, fuck me, at 43 minutes in, what do I stumble across? It’s only taken 34 years but that childhood wound is finally healed. Quote
Dai Posted April 19 Posted April 19 It's surely fantastic too, and will live up to the 34 years worth of hype no doubt. I will give it a watch later, as the last thing I watched on the Vault left a sour taste in the mouth. It was a five minute vid of talking heads about how great the Bret/Shawn Iron Man match was. Not even going to embed it! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.