Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

I know there is a popular conception that wrestling matches should tell a story, and that story starts small and builds to a crescendo. But honestly, sometimes I just want the above. Give me massive blokes doing whatever they want, having a laugh. No cunts chanting "meat". Bliss. 

Posted
On 4/1/2026 at 2:14 PM, SaitoRyo said:

That WrestleMania III footage is exceptional. Loved seeing the finishes of Savage/Steamboat and Hulk/Andre from the hard cam and without commentary. 

And I will back up what @wandshogun09 said about that Flair/Michaels versus Hart/Savage tag earlier. Just four excellent professional wrestlers doing their thing for twenty minutes and a real hidden gem. 

I think IIRC that the complete Hogan/Andre match on hard cam is on one of the DVD boxsets - possibly 50: The History of the WWE or The True Story of Wrestlemania. 

Posted
4 hours ago, davertfnewman said:

That becomes a little bit of a double-edged sword because he tries to add some depth to the commentary (background details on Flair that most others wouldn't touch upon) but it lacks authenticity with him pretending to be there but it being a long time removed.

They did similar stuff on Prime Time in '92, replaying a Dibiase/Snuka match long after Snuka was gone and Sherri had moved onto Shawn and pretending Sherri was filling in for Jimmy Hart on manager duties.

I can’t remember where but very recently I watched Gorilla Monsoon and Stan Lane call Hogan Andre from WM 3 with commentary presumably recorded in 1994 and Sweet Stan was calling it like it was live. In fairness in ‘87, the Fabulous One was too busy with his relationship with the mum of future MAGA congresswoman Lauren Boebert.

Re: the 1996 WCW tag, could definitely use some Fire and Ice beef in the mix.

  • Paid Members
Posted
58 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

I think IIRC that the complete Hogan/Andre match on hard cam is on one of the DVD boxsets - possibly 50: The History of the WWE or The True Story of Wrestlemania. 

Blu-ray of the 50th anniversary set.

Hogan-Warrior on the Ultimate Collection Blu-ray is advertised as being the same hardcam only deal, but I think has the commentary still there.

Posted

Our Vault Guy keeps the hits coming, I hope he gets an excellent mid year review from his manager and a significant TKO bonus. Sid wasting prelim bums is peak professional wrestling.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Chico Torres said:

Our Vault Guy keeps the hits coming, I hope he gets an excellent mid year review from his manager and a significant TKO bonus. Sid wasting prelim bums is peak professional wrestling.

LOL

Posted
On 4/1/2026 at 12:08 PM, Chili said:

Some great little bits and pieces in this. Genuinely wish there was more, I'd gorge on do much raw footage of Wrestlemania III.

Here's a bit more for WMIII: 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Bret wearing a Hitmen hockey jacket instead of his usual leather job, @IANdrewDiceClay would know more but did he only wear this one for a really short time?

He wore it at the Final Four as well. Think he just wore it until he debuted the leather biker one at WrestleMania.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...