Chili Posted March 22 Posted March 22 53 minutes ago, davertfnewman said: Yeah, it's a very enjoyable video pretty much for these two. Apparently Raven didn't want to be interviewed for that Monsoon book that came out so no idea if he didn't enjoy this period. Regardless, you get the vibe Monsoon is rather enjoying himself having a Heenan style foil to play off instead of having to call matches with Stan Lane (great voice, awful announcer). Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted March 22 Posted March 22 Raven has said in shoots that he loved Gorilla Monsoon. It seems like Gorilla really liked him too. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted March 23 Paid Members Posted March 23 20 hours ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said: I am certain I had this video back in the day, I will be giving it a watch… I seem to remember Gorilla and Johnny Polo making reference to Shawn’s waistline in this You didn’t, this one wasn’t released by Silver Vision. You’re thinking of Inside the WWF or WrestleFest 94. I actually acquired this by accident, purchasing “WWF dark matches” on the cheap as part of a bundle from a trader, and it was a ropey NTSC-VHS conversion of said Coliseum tape. Quote
The Reverend Posted March 23 Posted March 23 On 3/18/2026 at 11:14 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said: One for those of a certain vintage, 2 weeks before the 36th anniversary of this Match and the show itself Not being nit-pickling, but strange how they went to the effort of collating this compilation but then left out one of the key moments in the feud - the contract signing. I remember it because they had some very intense close-ups of each of the competitor's faces. And here it is: I do love Warrior's off-duty look of stripy top, leatherjacket and pony-tail - but still with face paint. I moan when I have to pop to Tescos and have to sort my hair out, let alone put on a full face of make-up! I imagine hogan is probably rocking his gym lycra and cowboy boots on his lower half - even though he's 'match ready' up top! Quote
The Reverend Posted March 23 Posted March 23 21 hours ago, Chili said: Pretty decent little CHV here, Marty and Shawn in a cage match, plus most of the matches are commentated by the extremely underrated team of Gorilla & Johnny Polo. They're a delight. What was it with Hillbilly Jim? The guy had a very strange tenure with the WWF. Basically bows out around '88, but still has the odd match here and there on TV and I know he did some house shows after this, and then I believe they used him on a stand for professional conventions and shows to flog videos and toys etc. Strange as he wouldn't have been that well know I wouldn't have thought after being off screen for so long. This video was from '94 so a good couple of years before he came back managing the Godwinns - was he supposed to come back in-ring in 1994? Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted March 23 Posted March 23 Wasn't he one of Hogan's boys? Hogan trained him, gave him his boots. That could be why. Quote
The Reverend Posted March 23 Posted March 23 10 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: Wasn't he one of Hogan's boys? Hogan trained him, gave him his boots. That could be why. I know kayfabe wise he was - but presumed not so much in real life or he probably would've popped up in WCW in 1994 Quote
Chili Posted March 23 Posted March 23 Less of being one of Hulk's boys (don't think he actually was), he was just really, really well liked and seemed really personable so he was probably good for PR. Also believe he actually worked in production or something related to the video company. Why he did the video. Probably just available that day. Quote
The British Bushwacker Posted March 23 Posted March 23 Wish the vault would upload the Year in Review 1992 Video , got a soft spot for it but don't think it ever had a DVD release Quote
The Reverend Posted March 23 Posted March 23 Just now, The British Bushwacker said: Wish the vault would upload the Year in Review 1992 Video , got a soft spot for it but don't think it ever had a DVD release I think that's the one where the mastertape got damaged Quote
Chico Torres Posted March 27 Posted March 27 Oh shit, did they get rid of our regular vault guy? Quote
FTR2020 Posted March 27 Posted March 27 I always enjoyed the early years of Ziggler. Especially his matches vs Kofi Kingston, Daniel Bryan etc. I still remember the massive pop he got for cashing in the Money In The Bank vs Albert Del Scumbag. I would really love the Vault to do Best Of The Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels compilation and please please please do the Gunther Vs Dragonov fued recap with their two brutal matches included. Quote
Chico Torres Posted March 27 Posted March 27 2 minutes ago, FTR2020 said: I always enjoyed the early years of Ziggler. Especially his matches vs Kofi Kingston, Daniel Bryan etc. I still remember the massive pop he got for cashing in the Money In The Bank vs Albert Del Scumbag. I would really love the Vault to do Best Of The Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels compilation and please please please do the Gunther Vs Dragonov fued recap with their two brutal matches included. With all due respect to the esteemed FTR2020, if you’re reading this Vault Person please disregard these suggestions and more of this please Quote
The Gaffer Posted March 27 Posted March 27 (edited) 2 hours ago, FTR2020 said: I would really love the Vault to do Best Of The Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels compilation Ground Zero, Badd Blood, Royal Rumble and both WrestleManias have all been uploaded in full. Two guys who need absolutely no further spotlighting. Not when The Best of Taka Michinoku and Brawl For All: The Whole Sorry Saga are still sitting on the shelf. Edited March 27 by The Gaffer Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.