davertfnewman Posted April 19 Posted April 19 It's scary how I can remember missing the episode with the Nintendo Top Ten Challenge match between Ricky Steamboat and Cactus Jack and a Bobby Eaton/Dustin Rhodes match where Rhodes loses after getting walloped by the Diamond Studd because we went to Twycross Zoo for the day and I had to pick up what I could from friends at school, my gran and grandad who didn't have a VCR and the recap bits the next week. Also went to Blackpool on a day trip with my nan and grandpa's club and bought a toy mobile phone one Saturday, which when I got back my dad took off me and said "This is Paul Dangerously - the new TV champion is Stunning Steve Austin!" before I'd had a chance to watch the episode they'd taped for me - spoilers dad! Yet, I can't remember stuff that happened last year with any significance. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted April 19 Awards Moderator Posted April 19 2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: Vivid memory unlocked with this one. When I used to watch Worldwide every Saturday, my Dad used to record it every week in Long Play so I’d get 8 hours worth of episodes on one tape. I’d watch it while it was on anyway but he knew I was weird and liked to rewatch the shit out of my wrestling. One Saturday afternoon, we were all going out somewhere, right as Worldwide was starting, so my old man quickly whacked the 8 hour tape in, checked it was where it left off at the end of last week’s episode and hit record just before we all rushed out the door. Being the wrestling obsessed geek I was, as soon as we got home that evening, I had to watch it. Bearing in mind, Worldwide was usually just a couple of squash matches, some promos and a ‘name vs name’ main event that could be hit and miss from one week to the next. Sometimes the main event would be a Vader vs Steamboat banger or something, other weeks you’d get Greg Valentine vs Marcus Alexander Bagwell. Well this week it was a six man tag of Sting and the Steiners vs Rick Rude, Arn Anderson and Bobby Eaton. I couldn’t believe my luck. Felt like my loyalty to tuning in every week religiously was being rewarded. Then the tape cut off just after Sting, Rick and Scott made their entrance. I was fuming. In his rush to get himself, my mum and the four of us little brats out the door that afternoon, me missing a Van Hammer squash match wasn’t at the top of my Dad’s list of priorities for some reason and he hadn’t realised there wasn’t enough space left on the tape. So I missed the most stacked Worldwide main event I thought I’d ever see at the time. Fast forward to 2026, I’m skimming through that video there and, fuck me, at 43 minutes in, what do I stumble across? It’s only taken 34 years but that childhood wound is finally healed. The second UKFF boyhood dream to come true this week! Quote
SpykeDudlei1 Posted April 19 Posted April 19 2 hours ago, davertfnewman said: a Bobby Eaton/Dustin Rhodes match where Rhodes loses after getting walloped by the Diamond Studd because we went to Twycross Zoo for the day Why was Scott Hall so pissed off with you going to Twycross Zoo that he felt the need to take it out on the future Goldust? Did he get confused about a rivalry with the wrong WWF? Quote
davertfnewman Posted April 19 Posted April 19 (edited) Yes-no-yo. Who looks after the Vault? According to this video, the late John Arnold. Edited April 19 by davertfnewman Quote
AshC Posted April 19 Posted April 19 (edited) On 4/12/2026 at 10:41 PM, AshC said: Sad there's no new Coliseum Video upload today, hope they're back to normal next week, but I suspect possibly not, with it being WrestleMania. Fingers crossed for 'Inside the WWF'. 😁 Wahey! 😊 Edited April 19 by AshC Quote
Chico Torres Posted April 19 Posted April 19 Memory unlocked with the Super Nintendo top ten challenge in Worldwide in April/May 1992. the final match between Rick Rude and Dustin Rhodes was great, Rude was at his absolute peak and Rhodes had become great by this point and this was at the height of the WCW babyfaces vs Dangerous Alliance epic feud. Link to the finals below, couldn’t find it on YouTube: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzogmw Quote
davertfnewman Posted April 19 Posted April 19 Thing is, it began as the Nintendo Top Ten Challenge and became Super a few weeks in. All these good memories, we better be careful or David Mantell might come back. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 25 Paid Members Posted April 25 30+ minutes of Vader knocking fuck out of WCW jobbers. The start of the first one against Rip Rogers is class. Nice to see Randy Hogan make an appearance as well. Probably his most well known squash where he breaks Joe Thurman’s back isn’t on there though. This could’ve been two hours long at least, to be honest. He was killing them poor sods on a regular basis in the early to mid 90s. Gotta say though, as much as I’m a fan of that part of Vader’s career, that little period when he started adding a bit of purple to his gear never sat right with me. Like when Bret added the orange trim to his gear at Survivor Series 96, it just didn’t look right at all. Something about the purple Vader just made him less scary to me. Like when King Kong Bundy came back in 95 and he had eyebrows. Shite. Quote
Browser Brady Posted April 25 Posted April 25 22 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said: 30+ minutes of Vader knocking fuck out of WCW jobbers. The start of the first one against Rip Rogers is class. Nice to see Randy Hogan make an appearance as well. Probably his most well known squash where he breaks Joe Thurman’s back isn’t on there though. This could’ve been two hours long at least, to be honest. He was killing them poor sods on a regular basis in the early to mid 90s. Gotta say though, as much as I’m a fan of that part of Vader’s career, that little period when he started adding a bit of purple to his gear never sat right with me. Like when Bret added the orange trim to his gear at Survivor Series 96, it just didn’t look right at all. Something about the purple Vader just made him less scary to me. Like when King Kong Bundy came back in 95 and he had eyebrows. Shite. Weirdly, i know exactly what you mean. Shawn Michael’s wasn’t the same for me when he started wearing the baggy trousers. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 25 Paid Members Posted April 25 That’s another one yeah. Although Rey in the baggy trousers I was fine with for some reason. Probably because his gear looked ten times better than Shawn’s baggy kegs/imitation chaps look. Quote
Chico Torres Posted April 25 Posted April 25 Vault Guy knows exactly what his audience wants and he gives it to us. In the spirit of jobber destruction compilations now that we’ve had Sid and Vader, if you’re reading I would like to suggest a Samoan Swat Team/Headshrinkers jobber death comp. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 25 Paid Members Posted April 25 They could knock together an easy couple of 90 minute comps of the Steiners murdering the poor weekend warriors on both the WWF and WCW Vault channels as well. I’d watch the shit out of them. Quote
Dai Posted April 25 Posted April 25 (edited) Some people have posted on here, occasionally, a little minute or two compilation on X of Scotty suplexing a bunch of WWF jobbers into oblivion. A Vault collection of their 90s WWF squashes would be unbelievable. Edited April 25 by Dai Quote
Chico Torres Posted April 25 Posted April 25 Their WCW squashes were a lot more brutal, yo the extent that it’s sometimes harrowing (but obviously awesome) to see them take such sadistic glee in hurting their opponents, especially if the jobber botches something or is hesitant. On a random episode from 1991 I watched recently one of the jobbers had a bad combination of being both obese and nervous, not only did they stiff him and throw him recklessly, but the finish was Rick doing an overhead belly to belly to the poor fuck off the top rope which the jobber clearly didn’t want to do but had no choice. Both compelling and disturbing to watch. Quote
davertfnewman Posted April 25 Posted April 25 I've probably mentioned this before but there's a match with Rick Steiner against a chubby job guy called Bubba Howard where the latter obviously gets knocked loopy and there's a bit where Steiner and Nick Patrick are going "Are you alright, dude?" and when he does Rick just flattens him again and smiles. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.