LEGIT Posted July 9, 2025 Posted July 9, 2025 6 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Remember that TNA run when his gimmick was that he stopped doing the flips and wrestled as the most boring guy ever? You see I remember him in TNA maybe the same time (Hogan era) but he was like a guru or something. His gimmick was shit. His matches were shit. He did nothing with any of it. He was shit Quote
Merzbow Posted July 9, 2025 Posted July 9, 2025 1 minute ago, LEGIT said: You see I remember him in TNA maybe the same time (Hogan era) but he was like a guru or something. His gimmick was shit. His matches were shit. He did nothing with any of it. He was shit Oh the guru thing was totally the idea behind it but it was so half arsed it's easy to think he was purposefully being dull. I kinda liked him before but it one of the worst runs of a time where guys were coming in and having shit runs. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2025 On 7/9/2025 at 10:59 PM, DavidB6937 said: A fun quick watch: Happy for him to be in whatever shape makes him happy but, man, I love chubby Walter. He was miles better. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted July 18, 2025 Posted July 18, 2025 I hope they never stop uploading shit like this. Quote
The Gaffer Posted July 24, 2025 Posted July 24, 2025 Considering Kliq bollocks in the Ruthless Aggression era is my de facto guilty pleasure in wrestling (seriously, oh for the days of the reign of terror. Triple H is only really annoying now!) I really enjoyed most of this: I'm sure it was far worse at the time. I say that as I remember everyone in class just completely dropping off watching every week around the time Hogan won the belt a few weeks after WrestleMania X8. Raw in particular during the first few months of the brand split is like a mad pallet shitter for the kind of stuff in store for the next few years. I remember being on holidays with my family in...Salou?...a week before SummerSlam and seeing the weekend recap show on down in the hotel bar and being fucking gobsmacked when the match graphic for HBK Vs. HHH was shown on screen and it hooked me back in for awhile, so most of the above is new to me. In particular I legit thought HBK in the nWo was a one night deal. My memory honestly had him coming out in the t-shirt and going "Nah, not into it" on the same night. It's weird that it was a thing for a month or so. Of note here is that it's also one of the great What Ifs of WWE history. Okay, so he was always hopping back in the ring anyway, but from looking up reports at the time it seems as if the plan heading into SummerSlam - had Nash not ripped his leg in two by moving - was for this Kliq nWo to proposition Triple H for a few weeks, leading to an eventual Nash/Triple H brawl at SummerSlam. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 25, 2025 17 hours ago, The Gaffer said: Of note here is that it's also one of the great What Ifs of WWE history. Okay, so he was always hopping back in the ring anyway, but from looking up reports at the time it seems as if the plan heading into SummerSlam - had Nash not ripped his leg in two by moving - was for this Kliq nWo to proposition Triple H for a few weeks, leading to an eventual Nash/Triple H brawl at SummerSlam. The story was that the nWo were going to try and recruit Triple H, which after they had Vince abruptly kill the nWo, they pivoted to RAW and Smackdown trying to recruit him when he returned from injury. Given that the outcome of that angle was Triple H/Shawn Michaels at Summerslam, I assume they would have probably got there in the end anyway - maybe doing the same angle of Triple H convincing Shawn to reform DX then turning on him, but with the nWo playing a part in it. I doubt there was a version of events where Shawn stayed heel and Triple H worked face. But maybe there would have been a Shawn/Trips vs. Nash/whoever tag before they got there. Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted July 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 25, 2025 Was X-Pac still in the nwo when they sacked them off after Nash's injury? I don't really remember him doing anything after. He wasn't involved in the Shawn/H angle anyway as far as I can remember, so assume they just released him. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted July 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 25, 2025 1 minute ago, DCW said: Was X-Pac still in the nwo when they sacked them off after Nash's injury? I don't really remember him doing anything after. He wasn't involved in the Shawn/H angle anyway as far as I can remember, so assume they just released him. Was he let go from the fallout of the Plane Ride From Hell? Last thing I remember about him on TV in 2002 was him and Scott Hall fucking about with Bradshaw. Don’t recall anything of X-Pac in the WWF after about April or May 2002. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 25, 2025 1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said: Was he let go from the fallout of the Plane Ride From Hell? Last thing I remember about him on TV in 2002 was him and Scott Hall fucking about with Bradshaw. Don’t recall anything of X-Pac in the WWF after about April or May 2002. He was in the 10 man tag in July where Nash did his quad. The nWo was a bit of a last chance attempt to rehabilitate him from X-Factor, “X-Pac sucks” etc. When the nWo bit the dust they decided he was a spent force and let him go ; the 10 man tag was his last match in WWE. Ever, somewhat remarkably. Quote
Chili Posted July 25, 2025 Posted July 25, 2025 There was apparently a story going round the week before that 10 Man that X-Pac had an incident passing out somewhere, I'm sure Power Slam might have been where that sticks in my memory which might have influenced their decision given the next few years were pretty rough on Waltman. Quote
Liam O'Rourke Posted July 25, 2025 Posted July 25, 2025 Yeah, he was supposedly complaining about doing jobs in the weeks leading up to the end, and then there was an incident where he was going through an airport, then woke up in hospital with no clue how he got there. They fired him shortly after the Nash injury. Quote
Chili Posted July 30, 2025 Posted July 30, 2025 Some great BTS stuff from Summerslam 98 including a promotional tug-o-war held in conjunction with a radio station which means at 3:10 you get the briefest shot of Todd Pettengill MC'ing with Michael Hayes as he was the presenter on the station. The nearest you'll get to Todd in the Attitude Era lads. Great stuff, Vader with his tits out. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 31, 2025 17 hours ago, Chili said: The nearest you'll get to Todd in the Attitude Era lads. I dunno, at SummerSlam 97 he was involved in a reasonably risqué segment. 17 hours ago, Chili said: tits Exactly. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.