Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
4 minutes ago, JoeManco7 said:

I like to think of it as more of Shawn Michaels feeling safe working with the British Bulldog and that he could trust him to make Shawn look good by them having a great match before Davey usually does the job without objecting.

Shawn and Davey must have been as much of 'friends' as people can be in the wrestling business, because when they were out on the piss with Sean Waltman in Syracuse that night in 1995 and 'the marine platoon squad' attacked Shawn, Davey after he eventually got out of the car did help fight them off.

 

 

Shawn really rewarded that good deed two years later, the twat. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Shawn really rewarded that good deed two years later, the twat. 

No, it was sooner than that. It was less than a year after the attack that the WWF world champion was showing all due respect to the British Bulldog's wife:

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

it's funny, because for a while Bulldog was maybe the only one in the Hart camp that was still on good terms with The Kliq and even went out drinking with them sometimes, and One Night Only is probably what fucked that.

For whatever reason, Shawn always felt like he could trust Smithers. Syracuse may have played a part, maybe they were both keeping each others’ secrets from seeing the Sun(ny), but according to Bret’s running notes of his affairs provided to Meltzer at the time and published in the Observer after Montreal, around the time it became clear Bret vs Shawn would probably be working together again and a couple of rounds of spats about who won’t put over whom, Shawn declared he’d only work Bulldog and wouldn’t feel safe wrestling Bret or Owen. Of course, he’d eventually be persuaded to wrestle both before the year was out.

Posted
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Very funny to be honest.

Love that detail and added Waltman trying to throw martial arts kicks whilst off his bonce on somas.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, digforvictory said:

Michaels seemed to particularly have it out for Bulldog. One of the most one sided rivalries ever. 

He took the IC title, the tag team titles and the European title off him , eliminated him in the 95 and 96  rumbles and also successfully defended the WWF title against him. 

Don’t forget Shawn trying to have his wicked way with Diana.

IMG-3879.jpg

“ATTEMPTED ALIENATION OF AFFECTION!” 

  • Paid Members
Posted

WCW channel instead of the Vault but they're streaming full Nitro episodes. Great if you like the old stuff and need some fun background noise.

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Right, this gives me the chance to ask a question that’s hopefully relevant. Was Rock ‘n’ Wrestling televised in the UK? Because I have a recollection of going to my friend’s house in about 94/95 or so and this being on the telly there, possibly as part of CiTV. Am I imagining it, or did this happen?

Posted
19 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Right, this gives me the chance to ask a question that’s hopefully relevant. Was Rock ‘n’ Wrestling televised in the UK? Because I have a recollection of going to my friend’s house in about 94/95 or so and this being on the telly there, possibly as part of CiTV. Am I imagining it, or did this happen?

It definitely was, though I remember it being earlier than 94/95.  CITV sounds about right, on one of those compilation type shows where they'd have live studio segments joined together by various cartoons and other kids shows. 

Posted

This might just be for the Central region, but my recollection is always it being on in 1992 (around the time WCW Worldwide launched on a Saturday afternoon) and being on after the morning TV block on a Saturday before lunch. Didn't last long, though, as it's a shit show.

Posted
10 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Right, this gives me the chance to ask a question that’s hopefully relevant. Was Rock ‘n’ Wrestling televised in the UK? Because I have a recollection of going to my friend’s house in about 94/95 or so and this being on the telly there, possibly as part of CiTV. Am I imagining it, or did this happen?

It was definitely on either Motormouth or Ghost Train with Nobby the Sheep on ITV Saturday mornings.  I can remember watching it.  God I'd have loved a go on the giant Mouse Trap game!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Right, this gives me the chance to ask a question that’s hopefully relevant. Was Rock ‘n’ Wrestling televised in the UK? Because I have a recollection of going to my friend’s house in about 94/95 or so and this being on the telly there, possibly as part of CiTV. Am I imagining it, or did this happen?

It was shown in the UK 100%. I remember watching it though am hazy about the timeframe. 94/96 feels right; I believe it was very early on a Saturday morning on Channel 4. 

Edit: It looks like it was also on CiTV in 1992. I remember watching it on Channel 4 past the big WWF boom period in the UK and thinking a lot of the characters were very dated (JYD, Lou Albano, Hillbilly Jim and the like). 

Edited by Roy
Added detail

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...