Dai Posted July 2, 2025 Posted July 2, 2025 I love the fact that they havent just been lazy and plonked all the usual stuff (Bulldog SS92, Perfect, Austin Mania 13, HBK Mania 13, Taker Summerslam, etc) on there. Plenty of rare stuff on there to get your teeth into, plus the Dandy WCW interview, him doing the Bushwhacker walk, and then topped off with one of the best matches of all time. Great stuff! Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted July 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 2, 2025 Gonna be giving this a look later. Always wanted to see that Bret Hart and Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels and Diesel match from MSG, so I’m glad they included that. Has that match been released on a DVD before? It’s mostly remembered for Diesel’s turning on Shawn but it’s also about as star studded a tag match as the WWF could’ve made in early 96. I remember seeing brief clips of the match on Raw and wishing we could watch the whole thing. Seeing Taker and Shawn clashing was mad to me at the time because they’d never crossed paths on TV or PPV at that point. I was just as interested in that as Diesel going bad, if not more. Apparently there’s a Taker vs Mankind, Razor vs Jarrett, Austin vs Taker and…erm…Mabel vs Pierre included as well. Quote
Dai Posted July 2, 2025 Posted July 2, 2025 That Bret/Taker vs HBK/Nash match has definately been released in full before. Dont know where, though, sorry, but it has definately been on Youtube before, so I assume it was on some release they did. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 2, 2025 Posted July 2, 2025 14 minutes ago, Dai said: That Bret/Taker vs HBK/Nash match has definately been released in full before. Dont know where, though, sorry, but it has definately been on Youtube before, so I assume it was on some release they did. A few of these rare matches have been leaked before, people got their hands on tapes in recent years so it could have been a deal like that. Wasn't it that Richard Land lad that got a bulk lot of tapes and started slowly going through them? Quote
sivy Posted July 4, 2025 Posted July 4, 2025 Playlist of Diesel from survivor series 95 too his exit in April 96 is on the vault. He was pretty good in this time frame. If he stayed in WWF instead of joining WCW it would of been interesting to see where it would go. Quote
The Gaffer Posted July 4, 2025 Posted July 4, 2025 (edited) Diesel's promo on Raw after Survivor Series was fantastic, and probably doesn't get enough credit (I know the table spot the night before gets cited as one of the endless "Attitude really started here!" moments) for being a good, early example of a worked shoot. I hadn't realised he pretty much directly addresses Vince as the owner of the company in it, which I feel is something that as a 'first' has been Mandela effected to Bret/Austin/Vince stuff between 96 - 97. Edited July 4, 2025 by The Gaffer Quote
Chili Posted July 4, 2025 Posted July 4, 2025 31 minutes ago, mim731 said: Oof yes please! First class this is, some absolute gold in thar hills. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 4, 2025 Posted July 4, 2025 Worth it for the first 30 seconds alone with Vader having the time of his life bouncing on a trampoline Quote
LEGIT Posted July 9, 2025 Posted July 9, 2025 (edited) I wanted to make a thread about how I think Brian Spanky Kendrick was absolute shite in every way, because I've just watched a match he had on Vault. But I'm not sure if people still shout at you for making threads that don't deserve a thread. But he was awful. At least other skinny wrestlers had some redeeming qualities like charisma or high spots. But I've never seen anything decent from Spanky. His booking was piss poor from the start when he was doing comedy and streaking but he still showed nothing during that time that made me think he was anywhere near WWE ready. Like I say, at least people like Jimmy Yang and Paul London showcased high spots and stuff when given the chance. He looked less threatening than Spike Dudley, he's more of a Marko Stunt than a Spike. Actually he resembles one of the Hanson bros, but a least they had a fanbase for a while. I've never liked him. Even to the point I think if I worked with him or seen him down the pub he'd annoy me. I must say I know people liked his semi recent cruiserweight run but I've never seen it. Edited July 9, 2025 by LEGIT Quote
Chili Posted July 9, 2025 Posted July 9, 2025 I never minded Brian Kendrick. He had a sort of weird charisma to him that I always quite liked on screen. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 9, 2025 Posted July 9, 2025 Remember that TNA run when his gimmick was that he stopped doing the flips and wrestled as the most boring guy ever? Quote
CTXRussomark Posted July 9, 2025 Posted July 9, 2025 Spanky was one of many early 2000's indie darlings who never left me wanting to see any more of him than I already had. Just seemed to be nothing to him other than the connection to Shawn Michaels and an odd name. Not the best personality, not the best promo, not the best in-ring. His short tag run with Paul London was decent, but he was completely interchangeable for the most part. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.