Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2025 (edited) 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: WWE simps. AEW ultras. All this shit is making me feel as old as when anyone starts talking about rizz. As someone whose primary consumption of wrestling is through you lot (I mean the forum in general, not you specifically, Dave), I do find it tiresome for the most part. Every so often there'll be the odd moment of enjoyable silliness (like hot toxic man poo - as I type this, Canninbal Man has just replied!), but for the most part, JLM'S posts it ain't. Edited January 19, 2025 by Carbomb Quote
Chili Posted January 19, 2025 Posted January 19, 2025 2 minutes ago, Carbomb said: As someone whose primary consumption of wrestling is through you lot (I mean the forum in general, not you specifically, Dave), I do find it tiresome for the most part. Every so often there'll be the odd moment of enjoyable silliness (like hot toxic man poo - as I type this, Canninbal Man has just replied!), but for the most part, JIM'S posts it ain't. It's modern wrestling fandom boy. PICK A FUCKING SIDE Casual Carbomb!!!! Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2025 8 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: You’re perfectly entitled to find the guy grating/a bit much, lord knows I did when he was in The Authority, and during his never-ending World Heavyweight title run. Well that's it right there. Triple H has built up a long term extensive portfolio of reasons why someone might dislike him over two decades plus. For some people (not you) to naturally assume any criticism or mocking is because "he's not in AEW" or some kind of self imagined tribalism and immediately start bringing up Tony Khan in defence is quite silly and weird. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2025 1 minute ago, Chili said: It's modern wrestling fandom boy. PICK A FUCKING SIDE Casual Carbomb!!!! Make up your mind - I'm either Casual Carbomb or Fandom Boy. Quote
Chili Posted January 19, 2025 Posted January 19, 2025 2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Well that's it right there. Triple H has built up a long term extensive portfolio of reasons why someone might dislike him over two decades plus. For some people (not you) to naturally assume any criticism or mocking is because "he's not in AEW" or some kind of self imagined tribalism and immediately start bringing up Tony Khan in defence is quite silly and weird. I agree with this but I don't want to fully endorse it for being labelled an Ultra, wheras at the moment I'm very much as @wordsfromleecoined a 'fedophile' which is someone exclusively watching old WWF before the name change and the simps took over. I remember the days we used to have rucks against the Turner Top Firm. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2025 "Fedophile" only works with the American pronunciation anyway. Quote
Fog Dude Posted January 19, 2025 Posted January 19, 2025 3 hours ago, Carbomb said: "Fedophile" only works with the American pronunciation anyway. It goes back further than that: "federation" comes from Latin and once had the oe digraph in it, while the tabloids' favoured term for a child molester is of Greek origin and carried an æ character. Oh, and "ultrà" meaning "hardcore fanatic" was attested decades before "simp" (which implies something slightly different anyway) - though I agree that unironically using them to describe anyone's relationship to a wrestling company can absolutely get in the bin. Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted January 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2025 I just find it particularly weird that they’re being made to rehearse their normal entrance for Smackdown of all shows. Do you think they do that every week? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 8, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted February 8, 2025 I mean Seth for Jericho seems like a fair trade, level to level. But to suggest they wouldn’t take a Kenny, Ospreay or Hangman because no one is at the level of WWE talent is crazy. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2025 On 12/7/2024 at 9:55 PM, gmoney said: This is the worst thread on the board. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 12, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted February 12, 2025 (edited) https://bsky.app/profile/sackmonkey1.bsky.social/post/3lhwttqbvrc2n This is an excerpt from Busted Open Radio discussing the recent WWE releases. Bully Ray says the reason why Blair Davenport was released was because of Will Ospreay. Bully Ray has suggested that her WWE firing could be related to the fact her ex-boyfriend Will Ospreay mocked Triple H during an episode of Dynamite last year. “Remember how I’ve always said that pro wrestling is like the mafia? They don’t screw with you, they screw with your family. Maybe Will Ospreay never should’ve made those comments about Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.” When it was pointed out not only had they not been together for a number of years, and she’s actually married to someone on the NXT roster, he doubled down: "Of course it has to do with it, absolutely, without any doubt. Whether they're together or not, I don't know, they must have been together at a certain time. But yes, it absolutely has something to do with it. Don't make fun of yourself, you've never been in WWE, you don't know how they reason.” Edited February 12, 2025 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted February 12, 2025 Posted February 12, 2025 HHH may be sensitive but that's ridiculous Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 12, 2025 Posted February 12, 2025 Definitely couldn't be anything to do with them having a lot more talented people on their roster. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted February 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 12, 2025 Lost me at: 22 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Bully Ray says Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.