Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 18, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 18, 2025 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: I know we all know wrestling is a show bit I'd really rather not see the curtain pulled back like this and so regularly. But any reason to put himself over this fucking twat will do so. Poor sod, all he wants is a quite life, not taking the spotlight away from the current talent and here they film him, presumably without his knowledge and he feels obliged to release the footage on his socials so that the cameraman didn’t feel he wasted his time. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 18, 2025 Members Posted January 18, 2025 3 hours ago, LaGoosh said: I know we all know wrestling is a show bit I'd really rather not see the curtain pulled back like this and so regularly. But any reason to put himself over this fucking twat will do so. I don't really see a big issue with this. Am I missing something? Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted January 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 18, 2025 2 hours ago, SuperBacon said: I don't really see a big issue with this. Am I missing something? Yes he’s not in AEW so he’s bad. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 18, 2025 On 12/7/2024 at 9:55 PM, gmoney said: This is the worst thread on the board. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 18, 2025 1 hour ago, Callum1993 said: Yes he’s not in AEW so he’s bad. Yes no one ever said anything bad about Triple H until AEW came along. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted January 18, 2025 Posted January 18, 2025 5 hours ago, SuperBacon said: I don't really see a big issue with this. Am I missing something? There seems to be a bit of a running joke with the AEW Ultras that whenever Triple H shows his face on TV or a social media post they have to smugly point out that one time in an interview or something where he said he didn't like to be the centre of attention. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 18, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 18, 2025 (edited) I’m sorry if the WWE simps are upset whenever someone makes fun of Paul. But most of us thought he was a twat way before 2019. Anyway, Rey Fenix has now deleted the post, so you’ll have to see it here from this rather terrible account unfortunately. The word on the street was that WWE allegedly were not happy when he was tweeting about feeling like he had Inhumane treatment. No idea how true that is, but I hope it’s not otherwise what’s he gonna do in 3 months when his contract is up? Is he right to feel hard done by? Yes. Is Tony being a dick? Yes. Should he have tweeted it? Probably not. Edited January 18, 2025 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 18, 2025 Posted January 18, 2025 The tweet was pretty funny tbh. No idea why its getitng so much stick? If he was a WWE star, the AEW ultras would lapping this shit up. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 18, 2025 Members Posted January 18, 2025 1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said: There seems to be a bit of a running joke with the AEW Ultras that whenever Triple H shows his face on TV or a social media post they have to smugly point out that one time in an interview or something where he said he didn't like to be the centre of attention. Perhaps you're right, I'm sure there are people who spend their time on Twitter arguing about all this (each to their own) and I'm not really defending Trips, I just didn't see anything particularly wrong with what he tweeted. I find that kind of thing interesting, and didn't think he was being particularly egotistical or whatever. Anyway, Dev was right. Shit thread. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 18, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 18, 2025 6 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: The tweet was pretty funny tbh. No idea why its getitng so much stick? If he was a WWE star, the AEW ultras would lapping this shit up. I thought it was funny, but I can see how it can be seen as character damaging at the same time. Both Bros have a reputation for bridge burning pretty much everywhere they’ve been, but I guess this is in a more public space with tribal companies, so it’s got more discourse. Quote
The Gaffer Posted January 19, 2025 Posted January 19, 2025 He'll be putting up photos of himself with new signings next, like a sort of wrestling promoter. Quote
Chili Posted January 19, 2025 Posted January 19, 2025 As good as Triple H has done, he's generally an extremely naff man (and a 'I didn't see myself how it was racist' wan) who has radiated slightly too older brother to be with the cool kids energy into 'hip' dad energy for decades and I think it's really funny because he does look exactly that now. Really hope he pulls out the fresh off the rack biker jacket look again, like a middle class weekend biker. I hope he keeps posting photos with signings if it means more hilarious pictures of him. Are DIY still dressing like him and DX Shawn because that was one of the crigniest things I've ever seen and I've sat through Tony Khan trying act in a storyline. The worst thing he does now is definitely appear TV in the role of dead hard Lorne Michaels. Read the court documents yet Paul. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2025 13 hours ago, wordsfromlee said: There seems to be a bit of a running joke with the AEW Ultras that whenever Triple H shows his face on TV or a social media post they have to smugly point out that one time in an interview or something where he said he didn't like to be the centre of attention. I mean, Tony Khan once ran a video on Dynamite describing himself as ‘the visionary Tony Khan’. Then there’s the time he displayed banners on Dynamite celebrating AEW’s success in the Wrestling Observer awards, including his prize for booker of the year. Aside from anything else, I think, as a forum, we can agree it’s disgrace that he’s completely ignored any success they’ve in the UKFF Awards. Not to get tribal, but at least Triple H ignores everything like that. All jokes aside, Triple H was on the verge of being ousted completely when AEW was destroying NXT in the ratings. And he’s since led them to their most successful run in decades m. If he wants to celebrate that and appear on screen every so often, I get that - good for him. Just as Tony Khan had every right to celebrate the Observer awards success when things were going well. As a longtime fan, I’m sure that genuinely meant something to him. The ‘visionary’ stuff was a bit much, but having said that, it’s often said you need an ego to succeed in wrestling. Ultimately…it doesn’t really matter in either case. It’s not like either man is booking themselves to be centrepiece of their company. Quote
Chili Posted January 19, 2025 Posted January 19, 2025 I'll continue to take the piss out of both. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2025 (edited) Yeah it's quite weird you can't take the piss out of Triple H (of all people) on here without people immediately bringing up AEW and Tony Khan for some reason. Both are very much deserving of mockery. Edited January 19, 2025 by LaGoosh Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.