I am in Blackpool. It is shit. Convince me otherwise.

Thunderplex

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

It's got three Wetherspoons, so it gets a solid 3/5 Castles.

Edit: might want to avoid using pikey as a slur there lotm. Also Meccano is a completely different system to Lego.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yorkshire fisheries is indeed the place (plaice?) to go. I live about 10min on the train from Blackpool. 

Get to the Arcade club. 16quid unlimited retro gaming for the day. Right next to the football ground. 

Edited by chokeout

Awful place.

I wanted to do a wrestling show in fancy dress for my stag. There was a PCW show at Blackpool tower that worked out date-wise.

We stayed in an Air BnB (thankfully outside of the town). The fancy dress & show was fun, and we did a life drawing class in one of the run-down hotels which was a great laugh.

On the Sat we had lunch at Walkabout. There was another stag in there where the guy was in a full gimp suit. I ended up getting delayed food poisoning and the night out after was ruined after I spent an hour in a nightclub toilet shitting myself.

• Paid Members

There used to be loads of places with those pens where you could turn it upside down and the lady's swimming suit would come off.

That's about my best memory of Blackpool. Probably can't get them now.