• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Tories fully locked out of Wales. Genuienly brings a tear to the eye after the results in the last election. 

Obviously not happy about the Lib Dems fucking up the colour scheme but it's a minor complaint. 

Screenshot_20240705_072224_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9f655ce368fd05749a2171f2c4ebcf45.jpg

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

North Hereford going to the Greens has got to be one of the biggest surprises. My family are all there & it's always been a very safe Tory seat. I thought it might switch to LibDem due to tactical voting but a Green win there is wild.

Zarah Sultana has gone from a 400+ seat majority to over 10,000+. As upset as I was for her not speaking up against JK just now she has been the most outspoken in favour of trans people and loudly too, far more than any other candidate in my area so the vote went there.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Rees Mogg. What a thing to wake up to. Proper morning glory.

Oh, and Corbyn on the beat hoe. 

Lovely.

Edited by SuperBacon
Corbyn, not Corby. WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP JC FUCK HIM UP

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Is Sir Keir Starmer the first Knight to be elected PM?

Nicking from a Twitter thread last night where Greg Jenner was asking this…

Back in the 18th/19th centuries plenty of PMs were dukes, earls, viscounts etc so were ennobled - I don’t think you have to be a knight as well to have one of those titles but a fair number of them must have been. More recently, Anthony Eden and Alec Douglas-Home were a Knight of the Garter and Knight of the Thistle respectively before becoming PMs.

There could be some distinction in “elected” there as I don’t know how many might have just taken office rather than being directly voted in.

Anyway, our seat went from SNP to Labour. Greens in third I think, which is a decent showing.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FLips said:

Would have liked to see more seats for Plaid Cymru but can't complain at all with the fact the Tories got completely wiped out of Wales.

TBH 4 seats, with 2 of them being gains was the upper end of Plaid’s expectations.

Labour threw the kitchen sink at Caerfyrddin, told candidates to stop campaigning in their own south Wales seats to go to Carmarthen, Starmer visited yesterday, and Plaid beat them by almost 5,000.

I long suspected that Labour would do worse in Wales than elsewhere as they have a 25 year old record to defend. The contrast with the SNP/Scottish narrative is stark.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
Just now, CavemanLynn said:

Telegraph et al. reporting that Sunak is expected to resign. What's the benefit of this? The country has given him the sack. Is this just a "You can't fire me, coz I QUIT!" storm-off?

I might be wrong but from what they're saying on BBC News it sounds like some PMs stick around when they lose to help transfer the country over, and some just immediately quit. Like a warm and cold transfer of power, and in this case it could be freezing.

Where do the Tories go from here? Braverman or Badenoch going fully all out right wing nut nut party and try and appease Farage and his voters?

I think him rejoining Reform has had a huge affect on this election, probably benefitting Labour more than anything.