Progress nearly half million in debt

• Paid Members

There are some genuinely great moments in there, like chokeout's voucher/ticket, Thunderplex asking if he can get in for free if he "does the thing with the eyes to look Chinese", FLips' disbelief at Bowler calling his non-existent wife ugly, Surf threatening a...Rocky Future, the MC vs. MC vs. MC match, etc.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I know we’re all off topic now but for a real treat read the “All sorted :)” thread in Off Topic Gold. One for the ages

EDIT - just re-read it AGAIN. This from Ian is an all timer

”AJ - being a fellow dyslexic, are you sure it was a shoe shop you went in to? Many a time I've went into what I thought was JJB and came out with a Black and Decker workbench”

Edited by waters44

22 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

This line from Keith in that thread, from about ten years ago:

Fingers cro... never mind.

441932773_1027392372449507_4141897894841

Oh man. Why did I just look at their Facebook.

It's amazing.

Bowler's career is on the line. Although you could argue that's been the case for the last decade at least.

They're running a show called ALL IN in October, but there's also a post begging people to buy more tickets for the May show. So I think they might have been a teeny bit ambitious with that show title. A FEW IN maybe.

He seemed to have upset a few people again before this event. I have to stop following that Facebook as half of its him crying about losing friends when he's not begging to sell tickets, tragic.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

He seemed to have upset a few people again before this event. I have to stop following that Facebook as half of its him crying about losing friends when he's not begging to sell tickets, tragic.

I admire the ambition, but I really feel uneasy. He’s clearly not well has he’s proved over the years and it’s probably best for him to stop promoting, for his own mental health.

I genuinely feel honoured and blessed that I was able to attend the legendary Pie n' Peas fiasco. It was a wonderful night. I think I've still got a dodgy download of the show somewhere, might dig it out later for a laugh.

spacer.png

In the interest of staying on topic, does that twat from Progress still wander around with his own company's belt over his shoulder? Watching his sad little face when he was lurking at the back of a church hall in the arse end of Birkenhead trying to come across like Billy Big Bollocks while the crowd that mainly consisted of hyperactive 7 year olds and their bored parents wandered past him with no idea who he was (and wouldn't have given two hoots if they did recognise him) is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

18 hours ago, Carbomb said:

There are some genuinely great moments in there, like chokeout's voucher/ticket, Thunderplex asking if he can get in for free if he "does the thing with the eyes to look Chinese", FLips' disbelief at Bowler calling his non-existent wife ugly, Surf threatening a...Rocky Future, the MC vs. MC vs. MC match, etc.

One of only two threads I've actually shown non members. Just unreal.

The other thread of course being CHEESE ON.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

At the risk of continuing to stay off-topic, I went along to a modern-day Bowler show in Leeds last year - one in which Adam himself wrestled twice: once in a singles match and then, yes, as that old thread would have expected, he came back out for the Rumble later on. Video covers what I saw...

EDIT: I might be going back to the one on Friday too

EDIT #2: forgot, in another point relevant to that old thread, I actually won TWO of the prizes on the raffle that night too, including a bottle of Lambrini...

Edited by Big Benny HG

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

@Big Benny HG's coverage of the shows he goes to are a constant Twitter highlight. Great fun to read.

I'm definely making sure I keep track of this from now on. That video was tremendous. It managed to capture the vibe and spirit of what the show was actually like in a way that others just dont. I could vividly imagine being there. Brilliant work Benny. 

I like that someone papered over the window on the red door. It helped add to the anticipation of who was about to walk through it.