It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

What I don't get about some of the reactions to this is that people have complained for YEARS that the company doesn't listen to the fans.

And yet now they've tried to lean into a pivot because of how the Rock/Roman stuff went down, it's all "make it make sense!" and "you'll never recover Cody!" and bitching about them backtracking.

What do you want from them? They stick with their original plan and it's shit. They listen and change things and it's shit. You can't have it both ways.

Well the simple answer is that they don’t convolute and do multiple swerves on very simple wrestling stories that sell themselves. The stink of that will wear off though and Donald Trump Rock will be interesting to watch from an anthropological view and I still have faith in him pulling off a Hogan at Mania 18 and being able to go in a match made for and around him and his current strengths.

If I fancy a steak, go to a restaurant and order a steak but then moments before it's served to me a new waiter rubs his bum on it, only for the owner to run out and wipe it clean... I'm not going to celebrate getting a steak.

Something like that.

But, no, obviously I'm delighted that we're back on course but the deviation was unnecessary and made everyone look a little worst. They shouldn't get a free pass for ending up back in front of the gift horse that they chose to look in the mouth.

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Is there anywhere I can read a recap of what went on with this bloody show beyond the Right Thing being re-booked?

Here, via pro wrestling.net. I’d definitely recommend watching it though if you have time, it was very well done. Maybe skip the stuff prior to the World title segment, though. It’s not bad, but it lasts quite a while.

• Paid Members

I think the whole thing is made worse by the reports that The Rock was only shoved into the main event because he bought his way in as part of his TKO deal. It's Hogan levels of bullshit politicking and it single-handedly nearly killed a two year Cody push that was almost killed last Wrestlemania.

I'm glad they've done a pivot but at what cost? Cody looks stupid, The Rock has been exposed as an arsehole, and Seth Rollins looks like a worthless secondary champ.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Here, via pro wrestling.net. I’d definitely recommend watching it though if you have time, it was very well done. Maybe skip the stuff prior to the World title segment, though. It’s not bad, but it lasts quite a while.

Yeah I'm not going to watch it but that link'll do perfectly, thanks.

• Paid Members

Funniest thing will be when The Rock costs Cody the Title at Wrestlemania and both Roman’s reign and Cody’s story continues for yet another year.

Well, second funniest thing. The actual state of Seth in the background.

”Fine, you can do a Wrestlemania press conference, but you have to take your little brother with you.”

IMG_7583.thumb.jpeg.9fb6bd8ba621560a00dcee879e79f187.jpeg

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

If I was Gerwitz, I wouldn't be rushing to take credit for this as a genius plan all along.

I have complete faith in the process.

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

This is just #Chapter One.

#Chapter Two = ????

#Chapter Three = Profit.

6 hours ago, Jacko said:

mad tag match at elimination chamber incoming ?

As it stands, and has been repeated numerous times, Reigns is not scheduled to work Elimination Chamber.

6 hours ago, JLM said:

I liked Big E on the panel straight up saying “I don’t know what we’re building here, is it a tag or…?” 

Felt like his very authentic reaction. 

Ha! That's gangbusters.

Jokes aside, they can happily retcon that Chapter 2 is the Reigns vs Rock match at <<indetermined future date>> like Saudi or SummerSlam (as was the much vaunted original plan prior to Punk getting hurt), and if Dwayne has his heart set on a Mania match, Chapter 3 could be him putting Cody over.

However, given that it's a virtual impossibility that Rock has been thus involved and not wrestle a match at Mania weekend, I'd go balls out on the Silver Medal belt and have Rock say he wants Seth. They won't, but it would be the shot in the arm that title needs. And I could make the obvious joke that while for near a year its been the "I couldnt beat Roman Reigns" title, the latest challenger couldnt even get a match with Roman Reigns.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Minus Soapdish, he don’t pay for shit.

I pay for AEW+ thanks, and if they listen to me, Swerve will beat Samoa Joe at Double or Nothing. But I digress.

I wanted Cody vs Roman 2, I just feel with them trying to break the Hogan record, they can’t do that at Mania, so make it Roman/Rock. And if they wanted that to actually be the plan, the Rock could have come in at #30, won the Rumble and we’d not have 1 belt and 1 wrestler being ruined, and all this nonsense on TV. They have absolutely shat the bed because people that wanted The Rock and were happy. People who wanted Cody were disappointed, and are now happier, but I think it’s made him look like an idiot.  

What did it cost to get the WM 40 event back on track. Everything pretty much, no one comes out looking great.

• Paid Members
Just now, LaGoosh said:

When hasn't this been the case?

I thought they did a great job on the previous Raw when Seth was trying to convince Cody to recruit him for Mania. Now after being buried 3 times in a week, just throw it in the trash backstage and let R-Truth find it

As a blood sacrifice for nearly messing up THE STORY, I'm more than happy to accept Seth Rollins being reduced to a role at Wrestlemania that is just taking the pin in a tag match that's one big promo for the main event on the next night.

IF they do Rock/Roman vs Cody/Seth, will they have the discipline to make it a one night thing, or will they have eyes on Rock/Roman vs a reformed Uso's at Summerslam? I suspect the latter.

• Paid Members

There's definitely money in a Cody/Seth vs Roman/Rock match but the way they've flipflopped makes me less excited about both matches. They need a really strong Raw and Smackdown this week to explain why Cody said one thing then changed his mind and how giving someone your Wrestlemania main event and then taking it from under them doesn't make it a dick move.

Edit: Ha just as I posted this Scorchio posted a similar thought. If it wasn't The Rock he gave it to and just a regular roster guy he'd look like the biggest arsehole on the planet. Imagine him telling Sami or Jey or even Drew he can go for Reigns and then going nahhh.

Edited by FLips