It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Will there be any actual journalists there who might mention it?

To be fair to Seth Rollins, he tackled it very well (or as well as anyone has so far) on his media rounds.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wwe/article-13060485/WWE-Rock-Vince-McMahon-Seth-Rollins-Cody-rhodes.html

He just outright called it disgusting, which is fair enough.

God I can just imagine the Rockā€˜s promo If they pivot.

ā€The Rock came home, he came home and he electrified like only he can. But Rockā€™s home wasnā€™t the same, no no no, there was something wrong in the kitchen, and the kitchen is an important room for the Rock, itā€™s where the Rock eats alllllllllllllll the pieā€™

and on and on about tables, family, respect etc until he mentions Cody and how Cody showed him true Mana etc etc etc.Ā 

Rock tells Cody to finish the story whilst spouting off about ā€˜hearing the people, seeing the people, loving the peopleā€™Ā 

Ā 

Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

John Candy No GIF by Laff

Au contraire.

Rollins and Roman have been tearing strips off each other for weeks. Rock has insulted Cody's fans. Cody... not sure actually, but I bet he's cross about The Rock insulting his fans.

Cody/Seth is deader than the fella in the gif. Cody's beat him three times, once with one arm and a swollen tit. Roman/Rock, they're fake cousins and Rock said something about eating at a diner or something.

I'm doubling down now. It's a great idea.

Anyone suggesting the Rock is rubbish and has always been rubbish might be getting a teeny tiny bit carried away.

And to be honest, despite how ridiculous it has been up to now with Cody/Rock, if they move it in a better direction now then I think people will get behind it pretty quickly. They haven't gone down the path too far.

Obviously a few people will still hang on but I think the majority will go with the flow as long as its going the right way.

1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

Anyone suggesting the Rock is rubbish and has always been rubbish might be getting a teeny tiny bit carried away.

I don't think this is necessarily wrong, but I think he was good for a particular time.

He's something I think people tend to grow out of.

I don't know that I've ever met a wrestling fan who says The Rock is their favourite, but I've met plenty who said he used to be. I think he was a great gateway drug into wrestling for lots of people, and was great in his pomp when you were young. But I think his act ages like milk, and from the moment you're first exposed to it there's a pretty strict time limit on how long you're going to enjoy it for.

Just now, d-d-d-dAz said:

I don't think this is necessarily wrong, but I think he was good for a particular time.

He's something I think people tend to grow out of.

I don't know that I've ever met a wrestling fan who says The Rock is their favourite, but I've met plenty who said he used to be. I think he was a great gateway drug into wrestling for lots of people, and was great in his pomp when you were young. But I think his act ages like milk, and from the moment you're first exposed to it there's a pretty strict time limit on how long you're going to enjoy it for.

My mate adores The Rock. He wants him to win the title too! I'm starting to think I need to cut him out of my life CM Punk style.

• Paid Members

Famous last words before the press conference but I genuinely don't believe The Rock has at any point decided to be a shit bloke. The match with Roman has been talked about for donkeys and had it been at any other point or place in time, the masses would be bang up for it. I still am - but I also want to them to give Cody his rightful Wrestlemania moment and to be fully confirmed as their star 'quarterback' to use a Cody analogy.Ā 

That promo to me was Rock heeling it up, deliberately, and at the presser they'll know full well he'll get boo'ed. He will play up to it and that could be the moment when it pivots.Ā 

I don't buy this notion that they are fucked whatever they do. It might convoluted but it's all tremendously exciting. Even if they do go for the least-preferred option and go for Seth vs Cody and Rock vs Roman, the sheer chaos of it all will be funny to witness.Ā 

Hollywood Rock would be brilliant. I want the Rock concerts, renewing aquaintances backstage with Hurricane, all of it. It's actually the perfect time for him to do a heel run as well - he's on the board, he's got his dosh in the kitty and he's had so much criticism off the back of things like Black Adam. It's a fantastic time for him to unleash a ton of piss and vinegar in the direction of WWE fans and Joe Public, who inevitably will love it and essentially turn him back into a babyface again. Bring it on.Ā 

16 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Famous last words before the press conference but I genuinely don't believe The Rock has at any point decided to be a shit bloke. The match with Roman has been talked about for donkeys and had it been at any other point or place in time, the masses would be bang up for it. I still am - but I also want to them to give Cody his rightful Wrestlemania moment and to be fully confirmed as their star 'quarterback' to use a Cody analogy.Ā 

That promo to me was Rock heeling it up, deliberately, and at the presser they'll know full well he'll get boo'ed. He will play up to it and that could be the moment when it pivots.Ā 

I don't buy this notion that they are fucked whatever they do. It might convoluted but it's all tremendously exciting. Even if they do go for the least-preferred option and go for Seth vs Cody and Rock vs Roman, the sheer chaos of it all will be funny to witness.Ā 

Hollywood Rock would be brilliant. I want the Rock concerts, renewing aquaintances backstage with Hurricane, all of it. It's actually the perfect time for him to do a heel run as well - he's on the board, he's got his dosh in the kitty and he's had so much criticism off the back of things like Black Adam. It's a fantastic time for him to unleash a ton of piss and vinegar in the direction of WWE fans and Joe Public, who inevitably will love it and essentially turn him back into a babyface again. Bring it on.Ā 

Iā€™m up for them bringing Hogan back on Monday just so he can spit in his face again.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Seth vs Cody may actually be what kills Cody's good will. It'll be fun to read the reactions.Ā 

Can we move on from the idea that reactions of other wrestling fans whose tastes or desires differ from our own is entertainment? The wrestling is supposed to be the entertainment.

4 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Can we move on from the idea that reactions of other wrestling fans whose tastes or desires differ from our own is entertainment? The wrestling is supposed to be the entertainment.

Canā€™t both be forms of entertainment? Ā Of course I mean real reactions and not imaginary ones from imaginary people.Ā 

• Awards Moderator

Aside from the mess theyā€™ve made, this just made me laugh.

Putting out a 90-second video to hype the press conference with their big boys and my only takeaway was Paul Heyman getting off the plane like a dad who had too many drinks on the flight and doesnā€™t know if heā€™s landed in Las Vegas or Lanzarote.