It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Based on everything, I assume it'll now be Roman making bank working two nights, with Roman vs. Rock and Cody vs. Seth on Night 1, then Cody vs. Roman on Night 2 to unify the belts. Or, The Rock has looked back at that footage of him on death's door after giving Jinder a single Spindebuster, so has requested the tag match on Night 1 instead.

What a mess though. Cody specifically saying he didn't want Roman at Wrestlemania on the Friday, only to change his mind six days later? The Rock and Roman ending up all buddy buddy because The Rock put up a family tree graphic? I went from thinking they wouldn't pivot at all, to expecting something, but nothing to this level. Mad, panicked scramble, happening right in front of our eyes. Someone with a massive Growth Hormone Forehead has clearly been wobbled. I look forward to them pretending like this was always the plan and we just didn't understand, despite the fact that last Friday and now feels like two completely different dimensions.

Seth Rollins though. You can't even write him to feel relevant. Felt like the company's mascot, standing to the side, dressed like an idiot. At one point, I thought all three of them were going to ask why he was even still on the stage. Loser.

Also, to anyone who thinks this has been some miraculous save, just remember those counter-chants, "We want Cody!" was getting. Very loud responses of, "No we dont'!" He'll probably recover because he's Cody, but man. The risks they take with what is essentially their Golden Goose should be studied until the end of time.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I particularly enjoyed Rollins dressed like The Riddler getting verbally shat upon whilst saying whiny nasally things off-mic. Big fan of that. 

Poor Cody trying to navigate this pivot/course correction/MIND BLOWING MASTER PLAN THEY'VE BEEN WORKING US WITH ALL ALONG:

"I've made my decision" he Tweets. "I GET TO DECIDE THE MAIN EVENT BECAUSE I WON THE RUMBLE" he bellows. "Just not at Wrestlemania" he meekly mumbled on the previous Smackdown. 

Roman Reigns saying with his chest that 'I choose The Rock' moments before they announce something else might go down as one of the most bizarre moments in the company's history.

What a bunch of mad cunts.

Imagine being a big Rock fan now? 

Jesus.

#WeWantRocky

• Paid Members
Just now, Jacko said:

Enjoyed that the pivot to rock as a heel is surely going to be better for them then as a face people want to boo the rock as crazy as that sounds.

mad tag match at elimination chamber incoming ?

Roman isn’t booked for EC. If anything I was left questioning if the main event was now Roman/Rock vs Cody Seth at Mania. They made it clear as mud there. @JLM summed up the mess perfectly. Friday he backed down, Monday he was about to accept Seth as his match and now tonight he’s maybe back in with Roman…? Make it make sense

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Friday he backed down, Monday he was about to accept Seth as his match and now tonight he’s maybe back in with Roman…? Make it make sense

A wee word from Drew McIntyre can make all the difference.

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Roman isn’t booked for EC. If anything I was left questioning if the main event was now Roman/Rock vs Cody Seth at Mania. They made it clear as mud there. @JLM summed up the mess perfectly. Friday he backed down, Monday he was about to accept Seth as his match and now tonight he’s maybe back in with Roman…? Make it make sense

He's not maybe back in, they've done a poster and everything. It's Cody vs Roman.

I'm dizzy.

I'm obviously thrilled but what a bunch of lunatics. Absolutely shat themselves.

We could end up in a mad situation where the match people really wanted in the first place happens, but sections of the audience who would have been fine with it are now booing because The Rock isn't in it despite never needing to be involved in the first place. But that might still be for the best because had they done The Rock, that could have been rejected worst.

Great work guys.

Fucking hell.

Seth LOLlins. Absolute goon. Wouldn't back him to make a jelly wobble. Absolutely useless.

*EDIT*

Still time for them to do my universally popular plan of Cody/Rock and Seth/Roman on Night 1.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

The clips on social are bizarre. The crowd have no idea how to react to anything.

The Rock just doesn't belong in the middle of any of this.

It's like someone brought subbuteo to an orgy. Naturally some people are interested because they really like subbuteo, but it doesn't really belong there and runs the risk of having its reputation sullied in the mind of everyone.

Them little brothering Roman Reigns is a bit of a shame, too.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I liked Big E on the panel straight up saying “I don’t know what we’re building here, is it a tag or…?” 

Felt like his very authentic reaction. 

Edited by JLM

Just now, JLM said:

I liked Big E on the panel straight up saying “I don’t know what we’re building here, is is tag or…?” 

Felt like his very authentic reaction. 

They've just uploaded a video of Rock/Roman leaving together, so I guess so, but does anyone want that?

Whys Seth there?

Why is Roman fucking Reigns being little brothered?

Is Cody/Roman just a stepping stone en route to Rock/Roman next year?

Ugh. Cody probably going to tear his triceps on night 1 in the tag match.

Why does this company insist on trying to be smart? Never works.

The video; https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3G9Rtus8ZJ/?igsh=MXZsbzQwdG45cnJ2cg==

Always a good start when post press conference the promoter says 'hard to say what just went on there.'

• Paid Members

I like how regardless of all the mystery they’re trying to uphold on television, Hunter was in a mad rush to Tweet it out.

We shat ourselves, everyone. Pivot complete. Official. This is the real quiz.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall on Dwayne’s jet. The man is cursed. The one match he could always come back for. The dream match of all dream matches. And then he ends up having to turn heel, seemingly abandoning the match, drowning in, “what,” chants.

Not holding out much hope for Moana 2.

Edited by Supremo

My initial thoughts after watching were

Rocks Vs Cody on Night 1 where Cody has to beat the Rock to get to Roman for night 2

Seth isn't in the picture in all this for me, he was just on the stage to leave the tease Cody might pick him.

I think he'll be left to Raw now to face Drew and Sami in a 3 way at Wrestlemania to open Night 1

I can't see a tag at the Chamber if Seth is still hurt and even having a match at this point would put his potential Mania plans in trouble with one wrong move.

2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I like how regardless of all the mystery they’re trying to uphold on television, Hunter was in a mad rush to Tweet it out.

We shat ourselves, everyone. Pivot complete. Official.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall on Dwayne’s jet. The man is cursed. The one match he could always come back for. The dream match of all dream matches. And then he ends up having to turn heel, seemingly abandoning the match, drowning in, “what,” chants.

Not holding out much hope for Moana 2.

Trippers locking it in before Ari and Nick see it.

Rumour has it he's calling in sick tomorrow and has his Out Of Office e-mail on already.