What ISN'T a wrestling entrance theme but SHOULD be??

air_raid

• Paid Members

Entrance music. We all know it, we all love it. 

There's a particular fondness for licensed music, especially for those that enjoy the wider world of wrestling outside the WWE bubble (as well as occasionally inside it - see Metalingus, Cult of Personality and so on). Certain entrances wouldn't be the same without the licensed entrance - thinking Enter Sandman and a myriad of others in ECW, quite a few in early 2000s indies (Miseria Cantare for Punk, Disposable Teens for Chris Daniels, many many more) and right through to the present day with Cody and Edge able to jump ship and take their songs with them, and other tracks characteristic to their wrestler like Tarzan Boy, Wild Thing etc. Furthermore, periodically we've had the question asked on here about what we would each use as our theme were we a wrestler, and certainly in real life I've had mates (fans both hardcore and casual) tell me at various times they'd choose Right Here Right Now by Fatboy Slim (a Villa fan), Firestarter by The Prodigy, Walk This Way by Run-DMC, Regular People by Pantera, Sunburn by Muse, Bawitdaba by Kid Rock, Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins (he styled himself as "Dangerous"), I Predict A Riot by Kaiser Chiefs, Not Nineteen Forever by The Courteeners (local pride, that one), Take A Look Around by Limp Bizkit, Superbeast by Rob Zombie (a long-haired guitarist and horror fan), LAS Vegas Two Times by Stereophonics, Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand, Thumper by Raging Speedhorn (a headbanger, that lad), Blackened by Metallica, Antidotes by The Fall, Pushit by Tool and Scarlet Cross by Black Veil Brides. And Superstition by Stevie Wonder.

What I'd love to collate is a catch-all thread for ideas for real life music that any of you would think would be good entrance theme music, for any kind of wrestling character or tag team. Male or female, high energy, cheesy, menacing, whatever you can think of. Trying to recreate the stalking menace of Triple H when he comes down to The Game? A slow haunting number to feel eerie like a Bray Wyatt entrance? A proper "fans clap along" audience interaction job, cheesy as hell like Grado using Like A Prayer? Stick it in here. There's no "your taste in music" judgment required, I think all of us can think of themes that we wouldn't choose to listen to in the car or gym, but that suits a wrestler or their act well. Equally if any suggested have actually been used by wrestlers, please, educate me. I was devastated when American Dragon (as was) started using Self-Esteem because for a good few years, I had that earmarked as "Nobody's used that, so I would." Maybe there's something I don't know about some of my suggestions? Might be missing out on seeing a cool entrance I didn't know about.

This was my choice for ages. I wanted something slow and brooding though subconsciously I believe I was influenced by the chords reminding me of Hart Attack.

Megalomaniac by Incubus was my spiritual replacement to that. I think Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana would be another good stalker. Other songs leaning towards the heavier or indy side that I think have the right tone or intro to be a good theme would be Superscud by Raging Speedhorn, Hysteria by Muse, Just Because by Janes Addiction, My Wave by Soundgarden, Synthetic by Spineshank, Been Training Dogs by The Cooper Temple Clause, Psycho by System Of A Down, All My Life by Foo Fighters, Bandages by Hot Hot Heat, Lithium by Nirvana, On A Rope by Rocket From The Crypt.... surely someone already used Freak On A Leash by Korn, or Last Resort by Papa Roach? How about You Overdid It Doll by The Courteeners, Supersonic or Rock N Roll Star by Oasis, Song 2 by Blur.. or did someone in BritWres use this??

Tell me someone in wrestling with a pimp or playah gimmick didn't use this and I'll be shocked.

Equally The Bad Touch by The Bloodhound Gang is grubby enough to suit someone. Lose Yourself by Eminem (demo version without the intro) would be great for a wannabe rapper. I earmarked Fashion by Lady Gaga as good for an MJF's scarf-style influencer heel. I think I'm definitely forgetting who used Gay Bar by Electric Six? Paging @Hernan

I know P******s used this for people piling out at the end of the show, but it's an entrance theme. Imagine going to your local indy and their version of the Road Warriors marches out to kick shit out of two nerds to THAT? 

In a similar vein, Baby's Got A Temper by The Prodigy has a great "oh fuck" intro. Or Davidian by Machine Head. Seven Nation Army surely has been used in pro wrestling, somewhere?? mObscene by Marilyn Manson has a vibe to it too.

In real life "Fallen Angel" is a bloke (Daniels) but if it was a female character, I think she'd use this.

Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie would work brilliantly for a goth lass (Dragula is almost too obvious to be worth mentioning). Disturbia by Rihanna would be great, Don't Wait Up For Me by The Donnas would be good for a slightly less dark rocker type.

I got in my head that this work similar to how Doll Parts worked for the actual Dollhouse in TNA, if not better. 

Pretty Like Drugs by Queen Adreena would be the grungier stepsister. Make Me Wanna Die by The Pretty Reckless has such an "entrance intro" vibe, I expect to be told someone's used it. 

This would be a fantastic audience interaction one for the clapping along, suggested to me by a friend. OK, she was actually discussing her walk-on music if she was a stripper, but the principle holds.

I think Cherry Pie by Warrant would work in a similar way. Push It by Salt N Pepa works for a certain attitude. Baby I Don't Care by Transvision Vamp I think would be comparable to Wild Thing as used by Mox for a female wrestler, Delicious by Shampoo would work too. Material Girl by Madonna is so obvious for a gimmick, I don't need to tell you who she is. Other big energy intros and entrances could be Kickstart My Heart by Mötley Crüe or Rock You Like A Hurricane by The Scorpions.

So... correct me if some of those have been used in wrestling already, or better yet - volunteer some ideas of your own. What SHOULD be an entrance theme but to your knowledge isn't?

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

I've been watching Succession recently and everytime the theme song plays I always think it would make cracking heel entrance music. It would be perfect for a Robert Roode-esque heel. The part where the strings kick in is (ahem) glorious.

I mean this would be my choice if I was in a heel tag team, Manics - You Love Us.

Imagine a heel tag team, someone as annoying looking as the Bucks for example, standing on the apron staring out into the crowd and singing along with the words 🎵You.....love.....us.....you love us you love us you love us🎵 while gesturing to the crowd. 

Excellent. I'd love to train as a wrestler and get a partner just to make this happen.

It's harder than it seems, right? The temptation's to think of all your favourite songs that would fit hand in glove or be so inane a choice that they'd stand out, but when you listen to them in your head they just don't suit the flow of someone coming down the ring. Makes you appreciate all those Jim Johnson riffs and his Spinal Tap turn in Beyond the Mat where he explained succinctly "He walks down to the ring like womp-womp-womp and the song has to reflect that so it's chung-chung-chug."

For a left of field choice I think Monolith would suit a laconic, absolute prick of a free spirit sort of heel perfectly. Like Buzzkill in WCW but way more subtle. Crossed with a bit of John Morrison but not shit. Imagine someone strolling out to this pointing at the crowd with a stoney smile, returning love heart gestures they're not actually getting:

Then on the more contemporary, obvious side Sleep Token strike me as a total wrestling band. Hypnosis is one of their few songs that doesn't take seventeen years to kick in so it'd be great for your Goth-of-the-Month type gimmick:

And last but not least - at the risk of slightly contradicting my previous "But does it really fit or do you just want to mention it?" it's criminal that Scooter have not been utilised in wrestling yet. 

I don't care what the gimmick is. Build the fucking gimmick around the song. Just make it happen and make the crowd happy:

Surprised noone has used this - Guns and Roses Welcome to the Jungle. Could imagine someone like Ultimate Warrior coming out to it.

https://youtu.be/o1tj2zJ2Wvg?si=qsDci_QEXwiQjAqI

This is a banger and I'd love to hear someone using this

Edited by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

I've always thought 'Party Hard' by Andrew WK is a great All-Star Wrestling, full-on babyface 'get the crowd going' kind of track. 

Also, during my tenure training at FWA North East (RIP) in 2005 we were coming up with gimmicks and I thought of a 'fat stripper who thinks he's the sexiest man alive' gimmick. His entrance music would have been 'I Touch Myself' by the Divinyls. 

Ah WWE Raw, on the original Xbox, you could choose your own music tracks to make custom entrances.

This one always synced up perfectly - 

There's even a turn at 1m 15s to do your little move once you're in the ring.

17 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I've always thought 'Party Hard' by Andrew WK is a great All-Star Wrestling, full-on babyface 'get the crowd going' kind of track. 

Also, during my tenure training at FWA North East (RIP) in 2005 we were coming up with gimmicks and I thought of a 'fat stripper who thinks he's the sexiest man alive' gimmick. His entrance music would have been 'I Touch Myself' by the Divinyls. 

Party Hard has been Eddie Dennis' theme for years I think.

On 2/2/2019 at 5:16 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Lawler knew the score that Mussorgsky was where it was at, but I think this would be a belter as much as the Kiev bit from Pictures At An Exhibition.

EDIT - Elgar was shit, a one hit wonder.

From an old thread, this is a legit banger. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I've been watching Succession recently and everytime the theme song plays I always think it would make cracking heel entrance music. It would be perfect for a Robert Roode-esque heel. The part where the strings kick in is (ahem) glorious.

I'm going to venture whoever wrote Roman Reign's current music watched this show.

• Paid Members

TIL Roman Reigns' theme is effectively a Jimmy Hart esque knock off of a TV theme.

I've always thought this (once it actually gets going) would work as the theme for a Horsemen rip-off stable:

Basically because it reminds me of the Horsemen theme, which in turn I've always thought was a semi rip-off of this: