What ISN'T a wrestling entrance theme but SHOULD be??

air_raid

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Hernan said:

- "The Gush" by Raging Speedhorn
Used by The U.K. Pitbulls (Big Dave & The Bulk) (England's 1PW).

- "Megalomaniac" by Incubus
No records of that song.

Thinking about timeline, it’s very possible if not more than likely my discovery of the former actually prompted my switch to the latter and at some point over the intervening years I’ve managed to blot it out!

• Paid Members

That's some impressive knowledge. Consider my hat doffed in appreciation and awe. 

• Paid Members

Go on @Hernan I'm going to pick your brains again... Nirvana.

On 2/1/2024 at 5:29 PM, air_raid said:

Nirvana are another band that I think had a sound where many of their songs could have been entrances - Breed, Aneurysm and Scentless Apprentice off the top of my head to add to Heart Shaped Box from my OP - obviously not including SLTS and Come As You Are which were shamelessly ripped off for the themes of DDP and Raven.

Otherwise... as Break Stuff has been used, how about either of these? Long term WWF fans will remember their use in videos but did anyone actually enter to them elsewhere? Again, thinking muscle/monster/violent tag teams.

As used in a preview vid for the six-way dance at Unforgiven 99 ;

And as used on a montage for Austin/HHH's path of mayhem, spring 2001 ;

Also, I was thinking today about happy-go-lucky wrestlers where the fans have a "good mood" entrance. Like... Nixon Newell using C'est La Vie, when Jimmy Jacobs used to use The Touch off Transformers, Silas Young using Don't Stop Believing and.... I want to say Trik Davis or someone equally as "nobody" using Journey's "other song," Anyway You Want It.

..... has any lass ever used American Girl by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers?

On 2/2/2024 at 9:39 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Any records of Andrew WK's Take It Off being used anywhere?

My mate who settled on Superbeast considered several Andrew WK songs before making his final choice, I'd like to know that one too.

Although "Take It Off" puts me in mind of The Donnas. Don't Wait Up For Me is one of my favourite choices, and it's so similar in structure to I Hate Myself For Loving You by Joan Jett, I often imagine a feud montage that starts with the intro through to one chorus of the latter, mixing into a chorus of the former. If I could get someone to mix that as a single track without paying them, I would. 😄

Edited by air_raid
Wrong song!

• Paid Members

This is always my go-to, and while Hangman Page's entrance is clearly a rip-off, I'd fucking love him - just once - to come out to the real thing. 

Using that database, I can see it's been used once. I remember one time we talked about it on here, someone said Terry Funk had used it, but he actually used Man With A Harmonica (which is also badass). 

When it kicks properly in, it's absolutely amazing. Would be an amazing babyface entrance.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Would anyone have batted an eyelid if Owen Hart’s early 90s theme was replaced with this?

That's AMAZING. I love when the penny drops on where the sound came from. Like the first time you realize they reworked this for Mr Perfect ;

• Paid Members

Had to make my way through four pages to make sure no one had beaten me to it - this has surely been used on the Indies somewhere, but given they've got form for the old Wrestling music, how someone like Batista or Wardlow has never walked out to this beauty is beyond me... 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Also, I was thinking today about happy-go-lucky wrestlers where the fans have a "good mood" entrance.

Again, one from a few years ago but 'Dance Macabre' by Ghost would be an incredible entrance song for a face. 

@RedRooster

Thanks maestro, it's an honor to be nominated.

@Arch Stanton

Surprisingly, I have records of (as mentioned before) "Party Hard", "Ready to Die" and "I Get Wet" (only used so far by Aaron James in 1PW) but not "Take It Off".

@air_raid

- "Breed" by Nirvana
Used by John Silver/Johnny Silver (JAPW, AAW, BCP); Everett Connors (IWA Mid-South); Necro Butcher (JCW (Michigan)); One Night Only (Anthony Gangone & Marq Quen) (ICW No Holds Barred); The Lone Rangers (John Silver & Pat Buck) (PWS).

- "Aneurysm" by Nirvana
Used by White Lotus (CZW). This was when he was initially known as Quicksilver before changing his name to "White Lotus" and using "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses as his entrance theme. He used the version off the EP "Hormoaning".

I also heard Jon Moxley used it at Nevada's Future Stars of Wrestling in a match against Killer Kross. However, I don't keep tabs of FSW so that's the only thing I know.

- "Scentless Apprentice" by Nirvana
Used by Sonico (3-2-1 BATTLE!); Don Montoya (GCW); Arik Cannon (CHIKARA).

- "Question!" by System of a Down
No records of that song.

- "The Fight Song" by Marilyn Manson
Used by Jeff Brooks (IWA Mid-South); Shun The Kabuki Kid (CZW - used the Slipknot remix); Michael Kaus (wXw); Jimm Paine (ICW No Holds Barred).

- "Any Way You Want It" by Journey
Trik Davis actually used Rise Against's cover of Journey's "Any Way You Want It" in places like IWA Mid-South, CHIKARA, ROH and NWA No Limits. Juice Robinson used it as well in IWA Mid-South because back then, if you didn't have a permanent theme, the sound guy would use a theme from a wrestler that was no longer using that theme or wasn't competing for the promotion at that time.

The Journey version was used by Johnny Game Changer/John Morrison (GCW, WrestleCircus); Lucky 13 (CZW, with "You Give Love a Bad Name" as an intro); Samantha Heights (SHIMMER, RISE)

Archibald Peck used a marching band version of the song but I have no clue who made it. The same goes for the victory song he used once, which was a cover of "Don't Stop Believin'" in the same vein.

Bea Priestley (aka WWE's Blair Davenport) used a version done by Constantine Maroulis, Julianne Hough & Mary J. Blige in PROGRESS.

- "American Girl" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
No records of that song.

- "Take It Off" by The Donnas
Used by Becky Bayless (IWA Mid-South); Heidi Lovelace (aka AEW's Ruby Soho/WWE's Ruby Riott) (Wrestling Is Intense).

- "I Hate Myself For Loving You" by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Used by Sam Adonis (Warrior Wrestling); Rip Byson (IWTV); The Pretty Sexy Playboys (Jordan Sparkes & Toby Valentine) (HKPW).

@TheBurningRed

"Wild Eyes" was used by Chip Day (CZW - normal version / IWA Mid-South - music video version); Project M.O.N.I.X. (IWA Mid-South, BLP, Warrior Wrestling - custom edited version with a piano version done by Bryce Russell added as an intro); Shane Hollister (IWA Mid-South, CZW); The Young Dragons (Dale Patricks & Josh Crane) (IWA Mid-South, NAP); Brandon Kirk (CZW, New Jersey's H2O); Conan Lycan (GCW, JCW (New Jersey)), Angelus Layne (WSU); Tyler Graves (IWA Deep South); The Exiled (No. 1 & Zero) (Nevada's PrideStyle Pro Wrestling); Matt Vandagriff (PCW ULTRA).

@FLips

Ah, OK. My watchability of 3 Count Wrestling was only 2017-2018. Basically their last two active years, hence why I may have missed this song (and a whole lot more of content). Thanks for the data anyways.

@John Matrix

"Indestructible" was used by Matt Tremont (IWA Mid-South); Joe Ettel (ICW No Holds Barred); Chuck Davis (EVOLVE); The Beastman (IWA East Coast); C&C Destruction (Chris Miller & Cody James) ("2022.03.05 - Next Level Soldiers Presents... NLS Is for Everyone!").

Funnily enough, I have a record of Wardlow using an edited version of "Conflict" by Disturbed in Warrior Wrestling, so it wouldn't surprise me if he used "Indestructible".

@Lenin

"Dance Macabre" was used by The Mysterious Movado in JCW (Michigan).

-----

Hope to have filled in everything so far. If not, give me a shout.