What ISN'T a wrestling entrance theme but SHOULD be??

air_raid

• Paid Members

To follow up, Heart Shaped Box was used for a Beulah McGillicuddy video in ECW. I don't think she ever used it as entrance music as she either came out with Raven or was already at ringside when she did the Bill Alfonso match.

• Paid Members
On 2/2/2024 at 7:45 PM, Hernan said:

- "Question!" by System of a Down
No records of that song.

Ah. People who remember the 6-Pack montage will have spotted, this was meant to be Sugar. I opened two tabs on mute including the Manson song, must have forgot to pause, got distracted by work then when I copied to the post didnā€™t spot the song had changed.

As a byproduct of that two-song video where they show it all going to hell and Vince getting bloodied up by Hunter (sympathy for Vince, LOL) to Timelessness, I became aware of Fear Factory and (very much of the era in the WWF) I thought Edgecrusher might make a decent intro theme ;

Ā 

@JNLister

Ah, thanks for the data. I knew it was used for a promo in mid to late 1995 but no idea which one. As far as I know, McGillicutty never used said song as an entrance song. She only used Raven's theme done by The Offspring.

@air_raid

Oh, I have records for "Sugar", which was used by Satu Jinn (IWA Mid-South, JCW (Michigan), ICW No Holds Barred, IWA Deep South, Unsanctioned Pro, No Man's Land); Jon Moxley (CHIKARA); Chad Collyer (MLW); Gaius (IWW)

"Edgecrusher" by Fear Factory was used The Donny Bull (1PW), it was also used by Dokken Zeige as an intro for "Superstar" by Saliva in Alabama's League of Extraordinary Wrestlers (LXW).

@Merzbow

I don't have any records of that Tempa T song but I wouldn't be surprised if it was used.

The one song I've always thought would makeĀ  good entrance music would be "Into the Valley" by The Skids. I could see an American audience struggling with the vocals though.Ā 

More recently, I heard a song and it immediately put me in mind of some extravagant guy coming down the aisle at Wrestlemania on a big float surrounded by dancers. It's "Past Lives" by BORNS but without the "I'm buying 100 cheeseburgers to help the homeless" intro. Hell, on special occasions you could use the intro and spoof the "Random Acts of Kindness" videos with a montage of a good heel pretending to help people before deliveringĀ  vicious chairshots to the back in slow motion. Homeless people, veterans (pretend, obviously). Thatd be good that.Ā