What ISN'T a wrestling entrance theme but SHOULD be??

air_raid

• Paid Members

Love this topic. I said in an unrelated thread a few years ago that I'd always thought 'Crying Out' by Shinedown would make a great entrance theme.

First came across it when I found a training video of Jay Cutler's ahead of one of the mid-2000s Mr Olympias and this was the soundtrack. Always had it on my gym playlist after that.

The feedback at the start, the quiet guitar before it kicks in... tremendous.

24 minutes ago, Statto said:

Christ, Passion and Warfare!  One of those albums I wore my tape of out, back when I was a young teenager.  Haven't even thought about it in 25 years.  I bet he and Joe Satriani are still touring the midwest somewhere.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I've always thought 'Party Hard' by Andrew WK is a great All-Star Wrestling, full-on babyface 'get the crowd going' kind of track. 

Also, during my tenure training at FWA North East (RIP) in 2005 we were coming up with gimmicks and I thought of a 'fat stripper who thinks he's the sexiest man alive' gimmick. His entrance music would have been 'I Touch Myself' by the Divinyls. 

Male Stripper, by Man 2 Man would be good for this gimmick.

Edited by Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

His entrance music would have been 'I Touch Myself' by the Divinyls. 

Jack Sexsmith definitely used that in P******s.

2 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Surprised noone has used this - Guns and Roses Welcome to the Jungle. Could imagine someone like Ultimate Warrior coming out to it.

17 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

The Steiners used it in NWA/WCW at some point.

Also in ECW. Later, Bam Bam Bigelow used it too.

Thanks to all replies thus far, really appreciated and some awesome choices.

@Jazzy G… still Bjork for you?

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Yeah. Army Of Me just feels like it works. The sound at the beginning, the beat, there are a few metal covers that aren't too bad as well that could work. 

One Man Army by Prodigy & Tom Morello from the Spawn soundtrack as well. 

• Paid Members

When Steve Austin spoke with Jim Johnston about what he wanted for the theme music of his Stone Cold character, he told him that he wanted something that sounded like this...

It's really interesting listening to it in that context, knowing what Jim then came up with. Definite similarities to be heard! This would make a great entrance theme in its own right.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

When Steve Austin spoke with Jim Johnston about what he wanted for the theme music of his Stone Cold character, he told him that he wanted something that sounded like this...

It's really interesting listening to it in that context, knowing what Jim then came up with. Definite similarities to be heard! This would make a great entrance theme in its own right.

The irony being that Steve did once *looks at camera* quit it now *winks*