Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

Shifty Shellshock, singer for Crazy Town has died aged 49.

Shifty Shellshock, Crazy Town Singer, Found Dead at Home - Newsweek

I'm absolutely heartbroken and currently in tears.

I had the opportunity to work with crazy town 5 times and he became a personal friend and someone I've talked to for a few years. He reached out and I booked them to play again end of this year. Beyond devastated 

3 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Shifty Shellshock, singer for Crazy Town has died aged 49.

Shifty Shellshock, Crazy Town Singer, Found Dead at Home - Newsweek

It’s unfortunately not surprising considering the state of his meth addiction over the past few years. There was a video doing the rounds a year or so ago of his performing Butterfly in a music shop and he was in a right state. 

• Paid Members

I remember him as a cast member on Celebrity Rehab.  Now he’s dead like a majority of the cast of Celebrity Rehab.  Dr Drew’s a bit shit.

Texas singer, novelist, satirist, writer and politician Kinky Friedman at 79. Close friend of legends like Willie Nelson, Billy Joe Shaver, Jerry Jeff Walker and others.

I really enjoyed his music and his pieces for Texas Monthly. He was responsible for the quote 'find what you love and let it kill you', often misattributed to Charles Bukowski (but is actually better than anything Bukowski wrote). 

The man lived a life. RIP. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Martin Mull has died. Lots of roles but one of my favourites was this. 

also of course, the UKFF. Although like Jesus on the 3rd day  it was resurrected.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
5 minutes ago, gmoney said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/jul/11/shelley-duvall-star-of-the-shining-and-annie-hall-dies-aged-75

Shelley Duvall. Fantastic actor, great in one of my very favourite films, Nashville. 

Yeah. She'll always be remembered most for The Shining (and understandably so) but she had a particularly awesome 1970s, especially in Robert Altman films. She was amazing in Thieves Like Us, too.

Still amazes me to this day her Shining performance is still seen as slightly divisive. One of the all-time great horror movie performances.

• Members

Not sure what to say. One of my best friends loves Duvall more than anyone I've ever known, and uses her as inspiration for her art. 

I can't really write anything no one would say anyway, but thought I'd share a couple of her works. There are HUNDREDS, which goes to show what she thought of her.

Screenshot_20240711-163712_Instagram.jpg.180ff6e12b875489db64090825211f30.jpg

Screenshot_20240711-163633_Instagram.thumb.jpg.55c96a27c97adf6cafe47cb61f607937.jpg

I think its oil on flax. I asked her once why she painted her so often and she told me she thought she was the most uniquely beautiful person that had ever lived.

Really sad.

Yeah, Duvall was great in so many things and a totally magnetic screen presence. Not much to add beyond that, besides this thread by a massive fan of hers who became a friend and shared what she had been up to for the last several years (while clearing up some common misconceptions). 

Worth a read, especially in light of today's news. 

RIP. 

• Paid Members

Has anybody checked how Thunderplex is managing in what's bound to be a hard evening for him? 

• Paid Members

Worth pointing out that the wildly shared story of Kubrick driving Duvall insane to get that performance out of her in The Shining is total bollocks. She had a good time doing The Shining, she was just a really talented actress.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Dr Ruth, the little sex goblin has died at the age of 96.  Dr Ruth was far more likely to give you good advice than your mates.

Edited by johnnyboy