Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
10 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Time to move on, the Timeless gimmick was brilliant while it lasted but it always had a short shelf life.

I don't really believe that of any gimmick. If it works, and it's over, then you can continue to make it work. I mean obviously you don't look at a guy like the Undertaker and think he's going to have a multiple decade career, but longevity is possible if the time and effort is put in and it remains over.

It's not like she's reverted back because people were sick of the Timeless gimmick. It was the most over she has ever been. I think there was plenty of life left in it.

  • Paid Members
Posted
49 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The best bit of that was Thunder Rosa holding up a WTF sign

Why was she doing that, by the way?

Posted

Good to see Toni Storm back, I was wondering where she had been. I hope her coming back like her old self before the timeless gimmick is apart of her being unhinged in her return with how Mariah May dressed and appeared before she turned and then won the belt from her.  She has created herself a fantastic character with the "Timeless" stuff, be a shame if they have her leave it behind for no good reason.

Posted

The OG Toni Storm character's like a mix of Poochie from The Simpsons and any number of half baked "I'm a rawker!" gimmicks you saw in the early to mid 2000s but I'd definitely have faith with this at least - given RJ City's involvement and how brilliant the character's been up until now - that Timeless isn't going anywhere. At least not for long. It's equally convincing and ridiculous enough to afford her to Dude Love > Cactus Jack pipeline it when of the characters cools down or she needs more edge for a certain feud. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Admittedly, I've only seen the highlight of Toni returning, but it came across very 2019 WWE, in that she came out, stood looking emotional then that was it.

Why didn't she run down to the run? Take out Mariah who put her on the shelf and made her 'retire'?

Just a very odd return, that was more like a debut than a return in the middle of a blood feud.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Bear with me lads but I think (really, really, really fucking hope) this is where they might go with this:

- Toni Storm comes back as her old self and loses at World's End.

- she does some soul searching.

- she comes out and does the Mick Foley/Cactus Jack reveal. "Toni Storm can't beat Mariah May, but I know someone who can!" hit the black and white, "Timeless" Toni Storm is back!

- "Timeless" Toni Storm finally beats Mariah May in the main event of Grand Slam Australia for the title.

Posted
8 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Bear with me lads but I think (really, really, really fucking hope) this is where they might go with this:

- Toni Storm comes back as her old self and loses at World's End.

- she does some soul searching.

- she comes out and does the Mick Foley/Cactus Jack reveal. "Toni Storm can't beat Mariah May, but I know someone who can!" hit the black and white, "Timeless" Toni Storm is back!

- "Timeless" Toni Storm finally beats Mariah May in the main event of Grand Slam Australia for the title.

Right, this better happen or else. I'm going to chill on my Toni anxiety for now.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I would love them to do the split screen interview gimmick, where Timeless Toni is chatting to normal Toni like Mankind and Dude Love.”

”Darling, this awful rawk look is positively ghastly! What are you supposed to be? A wild child of the eighties?”

  • Paid Members
Posted

I have no faith in this iteration of Toni Storm because she's just not very good. Never has been. Timeless hid the rubbishness with bells and whistles and without that there's nothing going on there. Even with that being said, I can't go back through recent memory and go "that Timeless Toni Storm match was great" and I can even do that for the likes of Britt Baker.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm assuming this is an extension of the character, not an ending to it. The promos she was doing before 'Chin down, tits in' were all about her losing faith in herself - so she's regressed for a bit. Makes sense to me. I'd be astonished if we didn't get a return from Timeless Toni Storm at some point.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Considering how everyone initially hated Timeless Toni Storm, i'm going to let this play out.

Otherwise, thought it was decent show match wise. Still not into the Death Riders, although I like the set up for the PPV. Why did Hook smash the window of an unlocked door? And I already want Riccochet to get in with MVP, I just don't think he has enough on his own to make me interested. Bandido is getting a heck of a push. 2 weeks of vignettes now!

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Bear with me lads but I think (really, really, really fucking hope) this is where they might go with this:

- Toni Storm comes back as her old self and loses at World's End.

- she does some soul searching.

- she comes out and does the Mick Foley/Cactus Jack reveal. "Toni Storm can't beat Mariah May, but I know someone who can!" hit the black and white, "Timeless" Toni Storm is back!

- "Timeless" Toni Storm finally beats Mariah May in the main event of Grand Slam Australia for the title.

I think it's this to be honest. I actually don't think Toni Storm is that stupid and actually has an idea for this one.

Still think it should have been a completely different era though, but Jamie Hayter becoming 1976 as a person alters that. Should have come out looking like Devo.

Edited by Chili

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...