Returning "Home"

The King of Old School

I used to have so much time for Bischoff but he's ground me down with his whole 'I transparently hate wrestling but it's the only grift I earn from so I'll constantly offed up critiques on any promotion I'm not in which is all of them' shtick. 

He's right down there with Russo for me. Every second that passes we move further and further away from his last modicum of success, making the whole "Well let me tell you what I'd do" content total cringe. 

I'll hand it to them though, they're working. They both probably earn thousands a month from this stuff. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I used to have so much time for Bischoff but he's ground me down with his whole 'I transparently hate wrestling but it's the only grift I earn from so I'll constantly offed up critiques on any promotion I'm not in which is all of them' shtick. 

He's right down there with Russo for me. Every second that passes we move further and further away from his last modicum of success, making the whole "Well let me tell you what I'd do" content total cringe. 

I'll hand it to them though, they're working. They both probably earn thousands a month from this stuff. 

He's also really one-note when it comes to talking about wCw. Never accepts any responsibility for what happened, just throws out stuff about "the marks not knowing anything" and trots out a load of limp excuses. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

He's also really one-note when it comes to talking about wCw. Never accepts any responsibility for what happened, just throws out stuff about "the marks not knowing anything" and trots out a load of limp excuses. 

Every time I click on one of those little clips of 83 Weeks, no matter what the subject is you can bet he’s having a whinge about Meltzer or “the sheets”. Wants all the credit for the NWO but none of the blame for the absolute shambles they made of Bret Hart’s WCW run (well, limp) either. The rest of the time he can’t remember. He’s pretty much just another Bruce Prichard but instead of licking Vince’s arse and talking about WWF, he’s licking Hogan’s arse and talking about WCW. 

15 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Jericho will be back, absolutely no doubt about it.

TBF I think AEW have the ball now in this regard, they are the only company who can have 'shock' appearances from past legends. If somebody like Hogan turned up AEW it would certainly raise a few eyebrows.

Flair's appearance certainly raised a few eyebrows.

I think there are a few returns (Moxley, Sasha Banks, Danielson) that would raise a few eyebrows - particularly if times passes a few more years - but in general I think we’re moving more towards ‘shocking debuts’. For example - someone like MJF showing up in WWE could be pretty remarkable.

At this point, in terms of incoming talent to WWE, it’ll take some time for talent profile to build and get close to the reaction they had for Punk, Sting, Brock, Goldberg etc.

On the flip side of that, AEW have a big pool of talent in which they could attain a big reaction - someone like Kevin Owens or Drew McIntyre for example.

• Paid Members

I don't think there's really anyone left that would make that kind of an impression any more. If Sasha Banks returned to WWE tomorrow, I wouldn't bat an eyelid over it.

There's a few guys who, if they got brought in for a Hall of Fame induction, would be a surprise - Raven, Ken Shamrock, Demolition, and so on - but nothing that would have people losing their minds. 

The big headline grabbers now will be if people come in who were never WWE guys in the first place - Omega, the Young Bucks, Okada.