Survivor Series: WarGames

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Imagine being one of the folk who have pinned their flag to one particular company and not being able to enjoy the absolute lunacy that is going on in wrestling right now. I can't wait to see Tony Khan rebuttal to Punk joining WWE. 

Enjoy the ride, what a time to be a fan.

I think they’re just leaning into it, to be honest. If you watch the fan shot video (the wrestling classic has it) on Instagram, when the music first hits Seth Rollins is so performative with it. And, also, Cody and Randy didn’t immediately try and shut him down and given their respective personalities you’d think that’d be the first thing they do.

Who cares, though? It’ll be fun.

I don’t buy for a second (for a fucking SECOND) that it all came together yesterday, either. The silly old cunt looked twenty years younger than in his AEW run. He looked in great  shape, the hair looked great, the beard was properly trimmed, he had decent clothes on, he looked like he’d had a few weeks with some moisturiser round the eyes. He’s known about this for a while.

It was great. WWE are great at this stuff. He probably won’t be around that much to start too many fires. It’ll be fine. And if it’s not that’ll be funny too.

I'm going to forever do the Schiavone "WHAT are you talking about?" response in my head to all the "Yeah but what do you do with him?"

It ain't my money they're blowing on him, and I've already had my monies worth. 

Fucking wrestling. 

FUCK. 

Oh they all knew he was in. Seth Rollins is a fucking awful actor end of, give him something actually big and massive in Punk coming back and his performances will be somehow worse. Loves a bit of Jared Leto on his toast doesn't he. State of the lad.

Hopefully Punk just actually doesn't say fuck all and cause more legal stuff pertaining to WWE or AEW and just gets stuck into whatever they've got planned.

Hope Cody Rhodes hasn't circled the Mania date next year with Finish the Story? scribbled in.

Mad is wrestling isn't it. The return of the sex offenders, scary monsters, super creeps and then Brewdog here pops up in WWE again. God I hope he goes Saudi. Just for his fanbase trying to justify, who are the winners and hopefully forever the losers of this whole mad situation.

Wrestling is stupid, great, gay and mental. Lovely. I reckon he'll fill the gap missing by Edge.

Edited by Chili

Wrestling/ wrestling fans seem way, way more bitter and pathetic than they've ever been.

Fans had favourites and loyalties back in the WWF/ WCW/ ECW days but it was nothing like this. That's social media for you I suppose. There's so much bitterness and refusal to enjoy or praise anything that's not from their favourite brand. It's a bad as UK politics chat.

All I'll say it Punk is more entertaining to watch that 90 odd percent of the wrestlers in WWE or AEW. For that reason alone I think his return is a great thing. What he's said/ done in the past and who he's pissed of then/ now..  I couldn't really give a fuck about. In fact, real life tensions and feuds often makes for better TV in wrestling.

Just now, LEGIT said:

Wrestling/ wrestling fans seem way, way more bitter and pathetic than they've ever been.

Fans had favourites and loyalties back in the WWF/ WCW/ ECW days but it was nothing like this. That's social media for you I suppose. There's so much bitterness and refusal to enjoy or praise anything that's not from their favourite brand. It's a bad as UK politics chat.

All I'll say it Punk is more entertaining to watch that 90 odd percent of the wrestlers in WWE or AEW. For that reason alone I think his return is a great thing. What he's said/ done in the past and who he's pissed of then/ now..  I couldn't really give a fuck about. In fact, real life tensions and feuds often makes for better TV in wrestling.

I think we're all just taking the piss a bit. This place has scholars compared to the legit unnerving vibe you get on X or something. We all love the chaos. 

23 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Imagine being one of the folk who have pinned their flag to one particular company and not being able to enjoy the absolute lunacy that is going on in wrestling right now. I can't wait to see Tony Khan rebuttal to Punk joining WWE. 

Enjoy the ride, what a time to be a fan.

“Hi, Jack, yep, looking forward to getting you back too mate… listen, about this Devil thing… yes I know what I promised, but we’re going to have to go a different way.”

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

I think we're all just taking the piss a bit. This place has scholars compared to the legit unnerving vibe you get on X or something. We all love the chaos. 

Oh yeah, I wasn't meaning to refer to any reaction on here, I scrolled through my almost never used Twitter account and was just overwhelmed by the bitterness and determination to hate anything the pantomime villains WWE do.