Survivor Series: WarGames

Devon Malcolm

3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest Andrade might want to go. He posted this as it happened.

Anyway, John Cena’s Instagram game remains strong.

IMG_6936.thumb.jpeg.1243c3b95e10608c3fa36fe8a9228a2c.jpeg

That’s a match to retire on! Career rivals, each other’s best opponent, clashing one more time. Whilst sucking a blood money covered dick in Saudi.

Malakai Black and Andrade sharing an Uber, I think.

I've watched the closing stretch of that main event about 5 times already. As said earlier, they played it absolutely fucking perfectly. Everything about it played the audience like puppets and I love it. We always think we know what's happening as long time viewers so it's just brilliant when they get one over on us in such an entertaining and rewarding way.

One thing I loved was just seeing where Sami Zayn and Jey are now from the same match last year. I can see the argument for them failing Sami since BUT there's no doubt that he's way way way more over now than he was pre-Bloodline and that's all you can ask for I think. And Jey too.

Love it. Everyone comes back eventually in that company.

I hope it lasts a while, he shouldn't be around every week which will help but also I don't imagine people will rub him the wrong way like they did in AEW.  You never know with him but a lot of it comes down to his thin skin, and I doubt WWE will let people get away with things like going off script to shoot on him.  

The promos with Rollins are going to be great. Time to start watching for Mania season again. 

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Bettencourt said:

Theft of shite patter from Twitter is criminal. 

Stealing a line from one of his most famous promos isn’t stealing twitter patter you weirdo. Unless you’re referring to me sharing that promo on my own twitter this morning.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Awards Moderator

I watched this show - first WWE one since Mania - to see whether Punk might actually turn up. I didn’t really expect it. But he did!

There’s still enough about the presentation of WWE at the moment that it’s not really for me, though. The shouting out every inner thought and storyline beat just in case we didn’t pick up on it, how blatant  the sponsors are (“War Games, brought to you by Ruffles!”) and whoever their ring announcer is - she’s atrocious.

I’m interested to see what they have planned for Punk, and it’s nice seeing everyone so excited, but I got my big happy CM Punk return moment in 2021 so it’s not enough to keep me watching. I’ll dip back in for the Rumble.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Is it really "Punk rock" to go from one millionaire company to another?

AEW gave him a platform to come back into wrestling. He’s gone back to the company that in his own words almost killed him and fired him on his wedding day. So I don’t think it’s a comparison.

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

AEW gave him a platform to come back into wrestling. He’s gone back to the company that in his own words almost killed him and fired him on his wedding day. So I don’t think it’s a comparison.

Going back to things that almost killed you is as punk as it gets, to be fair.

I just don’t think any of this really matters to any of us. They reckon they’ve worked it out, so let’s see how it works out.

I think the truest thing is that AEW made this possible, and that’s the beauty of two functioning wrestling companies.

They should have Rollins disappear for a bit, hold a tournament to crown a new Champion which Punk wins only for Rollins to emerge with his own belt. Winter of Rollins.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Going back to things that almost killed you is as punk as it gets, to be fair.

I just don’t think any of this really matters to any of us. They reckon they’ve worked it out, so let’s see how it works out.

I think the truest thing is that AEW made this possible, and that’s the beauty of two functioning wrestling companies.

They should have Rollins disappear for a bit, hold a tournament to crown a new Champion which Punk wins only for Rollins to emerge with his own belt. Winter of Rollins.

Where was the bag punk had 

• Paid Members

So, assuming Seth's reaction is a work, which seems pretty likely, that means that early on in Punks tenure we'll get a feud between them, which means that there's a 70% chance Seth's inevitable "you're a cancer" promo says something that offends Prickly Phil and he'll be in fight with AJ Styles before the rumble even hits.

I also think it's inevitable that Punk feuds with Logan Paul so that he can kick out of a buckshot.

This is obviously a great get for WWE, but I don't feel like it's AEWs loss in any way. He was not a net positive by the end, and this feels like a better space to get him on TV.

Oh, and spare a thought for FTR. Just signed a new contract at AEW and now their besty has gone back to WWE. Got to be a gut punch

• Paid Members

Now they have two nights of Wrestlemania, it was probably easier for him to negotiate finally getting that ‘Mania main event. He does look awkward in that photo with Triple H though. 

What a mad few years of Punks return to wrestling though. I never thought it would end up with him back in WWE the way that first year of AEW went.