Simple stuff you can't do

CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, deathrey said:

If my knowledge of winding a baby/reflux applies here, it's all to do with the diaphragm. You must both have incredibly strong ones that don't need any excess air released on that direction. Bizarre.

Now that's enlightening. Excellent post.

Most of my burps are more like hiccups with a strong exhale, no projected rumbling belch or anything. To be honest, I find most people who do burp like that incredibly rude, because you must choose to wind up and let rip at volume. There's a guy at work on WFH who'll burp right down his low-angled camera during customer and team calls which I find horrendous.

I can tie laces, but tying two loose strigs or ropes together foxes me.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Max Power said:

Can't burp. Don't know how you're supposed to do it. Do you push from your diaphram or just your neck or throat. I can only imagine how satisfying it must be to let a decibel crushing belch out. You bastards.

Someone on Off Menu recently was talking about this. Apparently just managed to do their first burp ever unassisted. I think it was Paul Foot.

• Paid Members

Quite a few things here that have been mentioned. Can’t whistle, blow up a balloon, wrap presents, make a paper aeroplane, DIY or read the time on a traditional clock. My girlfriend can’t read the time on a 24 hour clock so we even each other out. My mother in law asked me if I struggle with my maths because I can’t read the time but I’m a bit of a maths whizz. It’s just something that’s never clicked for me. 

Some things like wrapping and DIY etc could come down to poor hand eye coordination but I think I do have good hand eye coordination because of how good I am at darts (yes I’m bragging). 

In regards to the DIY, I think I would be alright now. My dad did try to teach me but if I got something wrong the first time, he would shout at me and just be a dick. So it made me feel more pressure and I’d get it wrong. And eventually I just fucked up on purpose so he wouldn’t ask for my help. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

My girlfriend can’t read the time on a 24 hour clock

Like a digital one? I ask because I'm assuming that's what you mean and I genuinely can't fathom how that's possible unless you can't read or comprehend numbers at all.

Edited by Tommy!