Favourite scenes in film & TV

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Absolutely peak David Lynch. You can just watch this scene without having seen any of Twin Peaks because it comes out of nowhere and is never mentioned again. I think it perfectly sums up what David Lynch is all about. He's not really interested in story or plot hugely, it's all about the feelings and vibes. His stuff genuinely feels like you're watching someone's dreams at times.

This scene somehow manages to be funny, ludicrous, cheesy, confusing and utterly disturbing all at once.

I once watched 22 Jump Street on a night flight to somewhere miles away and the plane was absolutely silent. I then came across the scene where Ice Cube loses his shit at the sit down dinner. Well I lost the plot and pissed myself in a completely dead cabin - must have woke up half the flight. Who cares.

The film is pretty wank like, but this scene always sticks with me.

Edited by Max Power

• Paid Members
On 9/11/2023 at 4:03 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Thats a lot of great stuff in Atlanta, but the first time I saw this I was almost in tears 

You could fill this whole thread up with stuff from Atlanta really. Just the best show going. 

This scene from early in the show is classic. It's funny, clever and has a tension to it where you feel something disturbing, dangerous or violent could erupt at any moment. Which is really what the show is all about. The most original piece of TV in years.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The greatest scene in cinema.

image.thumb.png.6031985f024ff4d6e78c2b2e51c4342b.png

You were probably the first poster I had in mind that I thought would respond when I started the topic.

EDIT: Although, out of the "Big Three" of those films, I really love the shootout scene from A Few Dollars More when Manco turns Indio's use of the watch music back on him to help out Van Cleef's Colonel Mortimer (who's still one of my favourite gunslingers in the Western genre).

Edited by Carbomb

A few of mine...

I won't embed it in the post so that I don't spoil it - but the final scene of the TV show Hannibal is exactly why I don't want this show to come back. It's the perfect ending, there's no way that can surpass what they chose to do. 

There are a few from The Shield I could include - including the superb final scene - but this one tops it for me. Again, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it - but if you have, you'll know what I mean when I refer to the confession, and the moment the penny drops for another character. It's outstanding. 

I know that it's a total cliche to bring up this show, but I don't care - this scene in Breaking Bad is probably my favourite ever. I didn't see it coming at all, and it still gives me goosebumps. I had to watch the next episode immediately, even though it was 1am and I had work the next day: 

And finally, perhaps "favourite" is the wrong word to use here - but I'm not sure I've ever felt as disturbed by a TV scene as I was this one, from The Boys - Homelander serving The Deep live octopus. There's a bit more to it than that of course, but it's so bloody effective and well done. It's utterly horrible, but in the best possible way - somehow making a character that had plumbed the depths of depravity sink even lower than you thought possible - and another awful, evil character seem somewhat sympathetic: