Favourite scenes in film & TV

Carbomb

• Paid Members

I love The Boys as a series in general, but one thing I really don't like is the running "joke" of killing off sea creatures in various gory ways. It just comes across as a bit edge-lord: "Hur-hur, won't it be funny to upset the hippies and tree-huggers?"

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I love The Boys as a series in general, but one thing I really don't like is the running "joke" of killing off sea creatures in various gory ways. It just comes across as a bit edge-lord: "Hur-hur, won't it be funny to upset the hippies and tree-huggers?"

And the guy with the transient accent who says cunt a lot, such an edgiboi 

4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

On the whole, I agree with that - but I think the scene with Timothy was incredibly effective in achieving what it set out to do. 

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

On the whole, I agree with that - but I think the scene with Timothy was incredibly effective in achieving what it set out to do. 

It reminded me of that scene in Succession where Logan makes them play Boar On The Floor. It’s reminding them who is in charge, who owns you, and who can humiliate you whenever they want and there’s fuck all you can do, or even dream of doing, about it. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Factotum said:

The language is what makes it. Hopper is utterly goading Walken and he knows what buttons to press

Absolutely, he knew they would kill him no matter what he said so he decided to rile them as much as he could before the inevitable happened. Walken's performance was genius here as even though he was laughing along you can tell he's quietly seething.

"I haven't killed anybody since 1984". Pure quality.