Favourite scenes in film & TV

Carbomb

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

A Knight's Tale is one of those films that massively over-achieved. It looked fun with a great cast, and I was expecting a decent date movie and not much more. But it's just generally an absolute banger of a film, and in the middle of all the fun, you get the scene of William reuniting with his father.

Just brilliant, genuinely emotional stuff. Gets me every time. Not least because, for such a short scene, it subverts expectations - it looks like it's setting up that William is lying, and it'll be later in the film that the father realises. But instead, it's immediate. Also, it's not really been set up that much - we get a flashback, but I wasn't expecting the father to be a story element again. 

Absolutely love this film. Paul Bettany, Mark Addy and Heath Ledger are absolutely stars in this film along with Rufus Sewell. Quite an 'under the radar' type film but one of those quite innocent yet fun films that tells a simple story with some cracking lines throughout that makes it a very easy to watch and enjoy film.

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

A Knight's Tale is one of those films that massively over-achieved. It looked fun with a great cast, and I was expecting a decent date movie and not much more. But it's just generally an absolute banger of a film, and in the middle of all the fun, you get the scene of William reuniting with his father.

Just brilliant, genuinely emotional stuff. Gets me every time. Not least because, for such a short scene, it subverts expectations - it looks like it's setting up that William is lying, and it'll be later in the film that the father realises. But instead, it's immediate. Also, it's not really been set up that much - we get a flashback, but I wasn't expecting the father to be a story element again. 

Double post wanker

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

I suppose you do need the context of Mac, his Dad, his journey, Frank, the gang etc, but this scene floored me the first time I saw it, and continues to do so.

It's just so unexpected in a show like It's Always Sunny, which has always been quite surface level with things like feelings, emotions etc, and that's clearly what they were going for.

There is a similar scene in the last series in Ireland where Charlie talks about his Dad, that got me big time as well.

The final scene of The Bridge. There are so many great moments across all four series, and if it was up on Youtube I'd probably pick Saga interrupting fika (quick guide to fika for anyone unfamiliar with Sweden) to tell everyone she was having her period, after being admonished by her boss to talk to her colleagues more. But I'll stick to a scene that is available to view easily.

She'd spent the entire four series always, without fail, introducing herself as "Saga Norén, Länskrim, Malmö" so it was a nice touch for her to finally cast off her police identity. Such a great show, I even managed a spot of Bridge tourism while I was in Malmö.

spacer.png