Christ, they’re not dead!

Butch2000

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Guy is 97, smoked well into his 70s, drank very heavily and also survived a car crash where his car burnt to its frame. I'm not sure he ever dies.

He can’t die of natural causes. If he does die, it’ll be a case of…

Diagnosis_murder_title_card_original.png

54 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Bob Dylan for me. I thought he had died years and years ago. 

Same. I thought he died young too. 

One for me is when they kill off older soap actors and your brain automatically assumes they’re actually dead. Mike Baldwin was one, must have thought he’d gone down swinging at Barlow when in actual fact he only died a couple of years ago.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

I was convinced that Perry Saturn was dead. Apparently he disappeared for years, only to resurface. He had a drug addiction after fighting off two rapists and getting shot twice..jeez

My favourite story from his disappearance was that he was working the rides at Alton Towers.

• Paid Members
On 7/8/2023 at 7:57 AM, Michael_3165 said:

I was convinced that Perry Saturn was dead. 

That's pretty common among wrestling fans, I've found. All those years where he was off the grid and nobody in the business had heard from him caused a lot of rumours.

• Paid Members

In the case of Perry Saturn, I don't know about anyone else, but it occurs to me that maybe I thought he was dead because somehow I'd got him confused with Bam Bam Bigelow, who'd also gone off-grid, committed an act of heroism, then passed away.

• 2 weeks later...

He completely screwed his career by leaving the BBC before he needed to, which led to everyone assuming he'd retired.  Apparently he presented the footy on ITV but I have no memory of that.  By his early 60s I think everyone assumed he was 70+ and retired.

29 minutes ago, Loki said:

Apparently he presented the footy on ITV but I have no memory of that.

Probably because The Premiership programme was a bit of a dud, but I enjoyed the intro, especially when the footage of Bergkamps spin against Newcastle is soundtracked by Bono singing "Toooouuuuch meeeeee" which is an apt use of song for that particular piece of skill.

• 2 weeks later...