Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

Kane to El-townname for £190m, Lewis gets fined by US govt for say £175m....£15m goes on a crazy golf course at the other end to the kart track and noone ends up worse off other than the team on the pitch (as per usual) 

The thing with the Saudi money is that it’s not the fact it’s coming from a country with values and laws that we might consider archaic or backwards it’s that it’s coming directly from a regime that quite openly and freely does some fucked up shit. It’s easy to say, well all money is dirty land look at all the atrocities in America or Britain but unless it’s the US government or UK government putting that money down it’s not the same. It’d be like the Tories giving an unfair advantage to a team by making allowances just for them and giving them a massive financial leg up. It’d be like Chelsea.

48 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The thing with the Saudi money is that it’s not the fact it’s coming from a country with values and laws that we might consider archaic or backwards it’s that it’s coming directly from a regime that quite openly and freely does some fucked up shit. It’s easy to say, well all money is dirty land look at all the atrocities in America or Britain but unless it’s the US government or UK government putting that money down it’s not the same. It’d be like the Tories giving an unfair advantage to a team by making allowances just for them and giving them a massive financial leg up. It’d be like Chelsea.

Yeah exactly this. I know a lot of it is Twitter, but the reaction to the potential Qatari takeover was eye opening to peoples stupidity on this issue

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I, for one, would never have suspected that a man who lives exclusively on a boat to avoid tax could possibly have been up to anything dodgy. 

• Paid Members

I haven't seen anywhere near enough of him to know if he can do it, but should Raul Jimenez get even half of his best form back, then he will be an utter steal for Fulham at £5M. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

I haven't seen anywhere near enough of him to know if he can do it, but should Raul Jimenez get even half of his best form back, then he will be an utter steal for Fulham at £5M. 

I doubt it. He hasnt looked anywhere near the same player since the head injury. Although even before the head injury, he didn't look as good a player without Jota putting it on a plate for him every week.