Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

Would be gutted to miss out on Caicedo. The only player who can replace Kante, who was the only player who could replace Essien. It's not like having one of those players is the only route to success, there's always plenty of good traditional DMs out there but when you have one who can uncannily be everywhere (and productively, unlike a Gallagher type), with crazy instincts it's a massive help. Him and Enzo would be a perfect midfield two.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

"We want you to score drei goals today Harry"

".......no problem boss"

*gets on the group chat to Eric Dier* "Mate, what's a dry goal? Is it different to a wet one?"

How does that feel? Feels good doesn’t it.

7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Steffen Iversen?

Armstrong was our record signing up until not that long ago*. Which is mad obviously. 

Loved a bifter. Top lad.

*Think I'm thinking of Rebrov.

A Wrexham legend. Still comes around here loads as it’s where he was raised. Owned a house around here until a few years ago he’d stay in often.

(not very) interestingly his stroke partner at Palace was often Andy Preece who was at Wrexham during the same few years too. And Wrexham were real dogshit when they were there.

Edited by Butch2000

8 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

A Wrexham legend. Still comes around here loads as it’s where he was raised. Owned a house around here until a few years ago he’d stay in often.

(not very) interestingly his stroke partner at Palace was often Andy Preece who was at Wrexham during the same few years too. And Wrexham were real dogshit when they were there.

Was rereading the Foley thread during a toilet break earlier and I concur with this.

On 5/1/2015 at 9:35 AM, PowerButchi said:

Fucking hate Kane.

• Paid Members

Update the spreadsheet now.

21 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

*Think I'm thinking of Rebrov.

The “record signing” tag has always been a bit of a poison chalice at our gaffe. Thinking not just of Sergei but of Bent, Bentley, all the way to Ndombele. Only Lamela ended up doing ok - sort of.

As an aside I always loved that having paid 11m for Rebrov we managed to sign Berbatov for 10.9, avoiding a direct comparison AND the weight of the “record signing.” Not that it would have bothered Dimi, he’d have shrugged it off nonchalantly while scoring a goal. While smoking a cig.

16 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Update the spreadsheet now.

I've decided to retire the spreadsheet, just so I don't have to add him.

Ah well, always going to be gutting to sell your best ever player but there is only one person to blame for this, and his name isn't Harry Kane.

Think my 10yo sums it up well, it DOES look horrible. spacer.png